LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

I'm stumped

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 12:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm stumped

alright... this morning i started my car up and drove it to the dealership to check on a few parts. when i came back out and started the car it turned over once and made a sound like when you accidentally try to start the car when it's already on(grinding the starter)and it shut off. i then tried to start the car again and it started right up. i sat there for a minute wondering what had just happened and i heard a noise. i got out and it sounded like a ticking from the engine bay. i immediately though it was rod knock and shut the car off and checked the oil. to my surprize it was in the middle of the operating range. i then took the car to a local shop and asked them what they thought was wrong with it. they said it could be anything from an exhaust leak to a transmission problem. i told them shifting into the gears has been a tougher lately but not really that noticable. the're gonna look at it next week but i wanted to know what you guys might think is wrong with it.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

hopefully its something easy/cheap.
i would take a look at your starter, maybe the shaft is sticking and its hitting the fly wheel.
Old 04-06-2006, 01:06 PM
Teching In

i dont know i'm now leaning towards an exhaust leak b/c i capped up my cutout and the extra pressure caused some fluid to spray out of a weld at one of my back O2's. there might be another one somewhere else i'll just have to keep looking.
Old 04-06-2006, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ws6#17
i dont know i'm now leaning towards an exhaust leak b/c i capped up my cutout and the extra pressure caused some fluid to spray out of a weld at one of my back O2's. there might be another one somewhere else i'll just have to keep looking.
WTF?
Was it synthetic blinker fluid?
Old 04-06-2006, 02:34 PM
Teching In

yeah that's it someone told me to check if mine was low ... nah my guess is maybe fuel or water, i dont know why it's there but it sure came out

Quick Reply: I'm stumped