Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 02:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help!!

ok, so heres the story.. i am on my way to work(of course i am already running late) and i am sitting at a stop sign and all of a sudden my car starts to surge a little and inch forward, then it kind of shakes and then dies. i think oh great. then when i go to start it it tries to surge forward and i am like what the heck, well the clutch pedal is stuck to the floor and the car is engaged in gear, well luckily i was close enough to home that i was able to baby it back home, stopping for stupid school kids that dont even look to cross was very annoying since the car would die and therefore making me look like i dont even know what the heck i am doing in an automobile. do you guys think this could be the slave cylender or am i going to have to buy a new clutch?? thanks in advance
Old 04-06-2006, 04:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Did you try pulling the clutch pedal up by hand? If so, does it go back to the floor and stay there?

Where you running it hard before it happend? I know it stuck at a stop sign, but had you gone WOT anytime before that, maybe trying to make up time?

Need some more details because it could be a number of things. My clutch pedal got sticky when the slave when out, and when the master when out. Unless the clutch is slipping you shouldnt have to replace it, but how many miles are on it?

It might be something simple like air in the line. Give us some more details about how it happened.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:50 PM
TECH Addict

He wasnt hard on it. Clutch has low miles as I installed it in Dec. Not sure if he tried to pull pedal back up though. I was guessing the slave. I'll be looking at it tonight to hopefully figure it out. Formely my car as you can see in the sig.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

From my experience, which hasnt been good, 4 slaves in 5 months, and one master.

When the clutch got sticky when I wasnt hard on it, it was the master that was going out. The hydrolic line that goes from the master to the slave was resting against the header and it basically boiled all the fluid out.

Is there any fluid in the resovoir, something else to look at. Hopefully you guys can figure it out.