General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Explosion Backfire

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 01:24 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Explosion Backfire

Allright.. Before I start-out, I will go on ahead and tell everyone that I'm a dumbass for having not noticed this sooner.. With this in mind, here is the story.

My Setup ::

PaceSetter Headers w/ ORY & Tune
Cutout (Always OPEN)
Flowmaster Dual Exhaust

::

When I put in the transmission after it being serviced, my dumbass hooked up the Driver Side Front 02 Sensor to the Rear Harness. After about two months I noticed that in- between gears it would backfire like nobody's business. I'm not talking one small one, I'm talking many loud backfires. After I noticed what I had done, I hooked it up to the correct Front Harness. Now, its better, but it still backfires, and lately I've noticed that after running a couple 1/4 miles, when in first gear giving it some gas it hesitates and acts like it wants to turn off, but i give it more gas and the beast is alive. Anyways, it backfires still in between 1-2, 2-3, 3-4 and when I downshift. Should I have anything to worry about?? Is this a backpressure issue??
Old 04-10-2006, 01:47 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Check your spark plugs! they could be fouled up !!

hmmmmmmmmm, mine did the same thing, but one of my coils was bad, which was misfiring and causing it to backfire and pop like a ****. Basically, a backfire is unspent fuel. so either its dumping fuel in there to the point where it cant burn it all off, or youre not getting enough spark to one cylinder. my friend hooked up some 3,000 dollar diagnostic tool from his work, and found that i had like 60,000 some misfires on #2 cylinder. changed the coil, still popped. then i changed the plug. it was fouled up badd. then she ran like a raped ape afterward! i was soo happy. check your plugs !!!! they could be fouled up, causing it not to get enough spark
Old 04-10-2006, 02:07 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 98TADRIVER
hmmmmmmmmm, mine did the same thing, but one of my coils was bad, which was misfiring and causing it to backfire and pop like a ****. Basically, a backfire is unspent fuel. so either its dumping fuel in there to the point where it cant burn it all off, or youre not getting enough spark to one cylinder. my friend hooked up some 3,000 dollar diagnostic tool from his work, and found that i had like 60,000 some misfires on #2 cylinder. changed the coil, still popped. then i changed the plug. it was fouled up badd. then she ran like a raped ape afterward! i was soo happy. check your plugs !!!! they could be fouled up, causing it not to get enough spark
True True!