Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Checkoff list

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 03:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous Checkoff list

i just purchased a cold fusion wet kit, got everything exept blowdown tube, purge, and a window switch. I was wondering how important these items are, i WILL be buying the window switch for sure and purge probably, but blowdown tube eehhhh mabey not just seems like a waste for what im doing, Im only gonna run a max of 100 shot,and should i still worry about setting my timing back a degree or so or can i get away with not fooling with it. o i will be getting a set of colder plugs too if you were wondering, any suggestions on anything would be a big help thankx
Old 04-10-2006, 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

well, if you plan on racing it at a track, then the blow down tube is required. For $40 or so, its a nice safety fearure anyway. I've seen them blow in a car before, and I sure wouldn't want to be in it when that happens escpecially driving.
Old 04-10-2006, 03:54 PM
Staging Lane

wow ive never really heard of that actually happening but i guess your right 30-40$ isnt that much for a peace of mind.... but does anyone have any comments on having to set the degreeing back a degree or two or what thats what im really wondering about
Old 04-10-2006, 08:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was not able to run at the track with out the blow down tube.
Old 04-10-2006, 09:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Without the blowdown tube, if it goes while you are driving you will not be able to see or breathe. Worth the $30. Saw one pop off in a van once and it was pure white in under 1 sec.

Jim
Old 04-10-2006, 11:50 PM
Restricted User

If your on stock timing tables you "shouldn't" have a problem with 100 shot, colder plugs as you mentioned. If you used a HPP3 or Diablo, definately reduce the timing a couple degree's, they both jack the timing up when you install the "performance tune."

And POM get the blowdown tube and fitting, its worth knowing you wont crash if it ever gets too much pressure.