Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Duals welded onto the collectors

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Duals welded onto the collectors

Okay when I had my hi-flow cats welded into my TSP duals he decided to weld the exhaust onto the collectors. I'm needing to pull the duals off to adjust them some because they're uneven in the back and banging under the driver's side floorboard. Now, is there anyway to remove the exhaust from the collectors without severely damaging the headers?
Old 04-12-2006, 10:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

If its not adjusted right id drive my *** back to whomever did that ****. But to answer your question, not really. You can grind a weld down, if its slip fit and then welded, and have minimal header damage, but if its buttwelded or slipfit with deep penetration its gonna mess up the header collector (granted not much, only as far as the weld is wide, which isnt wide), but considering your gonna be under the car doing this...Id make them fix there stupid mistake (the banging) and drill them for their dumbass decision.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'll have to give him a call and see if he'll do anything about it. When I picked the car up I was in a hurry and didn't have time to gripe about it. Now its been about a month and a half since then (I got it done at a place about 60 miles away). It was slip fit and hopefully the weld didn't penetrate too deep. Thanks for the help bro
Old 04-12-2006, 10:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

and it was tucked up very nicely before and didn't bang on the floorboard before he put the cats on. Now the dumps are uneven and the drivers pipe bangs AND is about 2" off the ground
Old 04-12-2006, 11:10 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You have poly mounts already?
Old 04-12-2006, 11:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

no I don't. but the part about it hitting the floorboard wasn't an issue until after he got done w/ my exhaust. I drove around with it not hitting for a few months.