Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nos plate

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 11:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nos plate

is there a big difference with the new nos plate and dave's plate.

there both on his site but the nos plate is about 45 dollors cheaper.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:55 PM
12 Second Club

Not sure about the differnce.I got the nos plate and on a 100 shot it put 94 hp to the wheels with 144 tq.
Old 04-13-2006, 10:26 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Both plates will work. There is a machining difference and desighn difference between the two.
Our plate has 6 nitrous and 6 fuel holes to distribute the nitrous. The NOS has one that fans out.

Our plate is machined to use the GM factory O ring gasket.(supplied in kit) The NOS uses a paper gasket.

If you are looking at the conversion kits.
Ours comes with jetting from 50-200hp. I believe the NOS has 50-150.
Ours comes with a throttle extion bracket. NOS does not.
NOS comes with hoses. Ours does not.

I would do a search on the plates here in the nitrous sections there has been many post about the plates. Beer posted a video as well.
If I can do any thing to help let me know. We have the NOS and ours in stock.
Dave
Old 04-13-2006, 10:44 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Both plates will work. There is a machining difference and desighn difference between the two.
Our plate has 6 nitrous and 6 fuel holes to distribute the nitrous. The NOS has one that fans out.

Our plate is machined to use the GM factory O ring gasket.(supplied in kit) The NOS uses a paper gasket.

If you are looking at the conversion kits.
Ours comes with jetting from 50-200hp. I believe the NOS has 50-150.
Ours comes with a throttle extion bracket. NOS does not.
NOS comes with hoses. Ours does not.

I would do a search on the plates here in the nitrous sections there has been many post about the plates. Beer posted a video as well.
If I can do any thing to help let me know. We have the NOS and ours in stock.
Dave
Dave I could be wrong but I thought the NOS kit came with a throttle extension bracket.?. I know they make them cause I had/have one on my car that came from NOS. Not trying to start anything on the whole NOS vs. this or that, I just saw that and thought I would make the comment and/or ask the question.

But yes do a little research and you will find the answers to your questions. I made a little over 150hp to the tires on a 150 shot pill. And the tq was/is just retarded.
Old 04-13-2006, 10:57 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by cook_dw
Dave I could be wrong but I thought the NOS kit came with a throttle extension bracket.?. I know they make them cause I had/have one on my car that came from NOS. Not trying to start anything on the whole NOS vs. this or that, I just saw that and thought I would make the comment and/or ask the question.

But yes do a little research and you will find the answers to your questions. I made a little over 150hp to the tires on a 150 shot pill. And the tq was/is just retarded.
You are correct. The kit comes with the extention bracket. However the conversion does not.

Both kits will work fine. Im just explaining they have different builds and parts. This will influence the priceing difference.
Dave
Old 04-13-2006, 11:01 AM
12 Second Club

Oh I understand that. I guess my comment was a little unneeded but I guess I just skipped over the conversion kit comment above the list of have & have nots. Sorry. Ill leave now.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:44 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Dave,
I am currently trying to get the powers to add the bracket and bolts to our conversion kit. BTW ours comes with 100-150hp jetting.

Kyle
Old 04-13-2006, 01:14 PM
FormerVendor

Kyle that would be great since it is needed. I was oringinally confused on that part of the build. Until we got it in. Keep up the good work
Dave
Old 04-14-2006, 12:32 AM
12 Second Club

I had to order that lil throttle extension thing.It took a month and was $20.00.Which i thought was a lil high!
Old 04-14-2006, 01:24 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bodydropped
I had to order that lil throttle extension thing.It took a month and was $20.00.Which i thought was a lil high!
I did not use the one that came in Daves Plate kit (Corvette is ETC)...first $10 gets it ($6.70 for a six pack of Sam Adams, and the change covers the shipping) Unless Dave wants it back in exchange for some jets...