Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

spec 3 problems.....anyone else?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 12:12 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spec 3 problems.....anyone else?

ok, i rebuilt my tranny, and went ahead and installed a spec stage 3 while i was there, everything goes together fine, and i put the tranny back in, get everything bolted up, and push the clutch fork in and drive it around for a while, but it seems the clutch fork retaining springs went under the pivot thingy instead of over it, so thats why my fork broke, so i get a new one, replace it, go to put the fork in the throwout bearing, and i test it to make sure its gonna release the pressure plat ok, and it hits the pressure plate before it even starts to release the clutch, and im like wtf, so i check the pivot thingy to make sure its screwed in all theway, check everything else, make sure the fork is actually on the throwout bearing, and make sure everything is where it is suppossed to be, i emailed spec and sent them some pictures of it all, and am waiting on them to tell me what the problem could be, anyone elese ever run into this kind of problem? i guess i didnt notice it doing this beofre since the clutch fork springs were under the pivot instead of on top like it is suppossed to be, so it made the fork sit farther back a little bit. im lost as of what to do thanks

Robby