Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Over axle duals on non tcs cars?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 07:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Over axle duals on non tcs cars?

Hey fellas, I'm planning on running my current duals over the rear axle on each side... The passengerside will be no problem, but on the driverside you've got the rear brake hose that looks like it may be close to the pipe... This is on a 98' without tcs, so the rear brake line location is a bit different vs. a car equipped with tcs... Any of you have suggestions as to what can be done or should it not be a problem??? The pipping will be 2.5" so I may have enough room, not sure though... Also, will the car be safe to drive without the upper rphb for a couple of days until I can get the relocation kit from BMR??? Thanks in advance!

Mike
Old 04-17-2006, 09:06 PM
Ric
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Should be fine. Haven't looked at mine(also non-TCS), but you could just bend the brake line a tad, couldn't you? As for the panhard rod, a lot of folks don't even run the brace you're talking about, so yeah, you'll be good to go till you get the relocator kit.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well the hose is rubber, so I can't really bend it... Do you by chance have any pics you could post up?
Old 04-17-2006, 09:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a buddy of mine which works at a shop did my true duals. about a week after I had them done, it burned through the brake line. so I ordered a new one and we just moved it around a lil and havnt had any problems in over 9 months. he thought it would burn through the break line the first time but since labor is free it only cost me i think 20 dollars to fix it.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^How did you guys go about moving it??? From what I can tell there's not much slack in the line to relocate it anywhere.. Thanks!