Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Tips on how to have a good photoshoot?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 08:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tips on how to have a good photoshoot?

Looking for some good tips on how to A)Position my car for the best light B)use different ISO's and other settings C)Find a place that sells photoshop for cheap.

I will be using a Canon Powershot G5 with a small tripod.

A) After doing some recon, I found a good location for the photoshoot. It is a deserted highway surrounded by rolling grassy hills. The highway runs east and west. So if the sun sets in the northwest, what would be the ideal placement of the car and camera so that I get the best light?

B) I don't know a whole lot about these settings (usually just set it on "auto"). What settings should I use to get the best exposure during sunset/sunrise? If I want to make the background blurry, how would I do that?

C) I'm really thinking about buying photoshop. I've tried the free 30 day trial and was very impressed. But it is just too expensive for me. Is there any alternative that is cheaper? (no warez)

Thanks for any help or tips you can offer. I'm really thinking about getting into some amateur (sp) photography.

TIA!

PS: I did some searching but couldn't find anything really usefull pertaining (sp) to automotive photography.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:55 PM
11 Second Club

Photoshop CS2 on *******. I got it and works great, except the hotkeys dont work.

please don't steal software. the creators have families that have to eat too.

Last edited by PendragonZ; 04-18-2006 at 06:50 AM.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RaNsOm
Photoshop CS2 on *******. I got it and works great, except the hotkeys dont work.

please don't steal software. the creators have families that have to eat too.
Yes, I was looking for a "legal" alternative.
Old 04-18-2006, 05:15 PM
11 Second Club

I just ran across this thread recently which has some good tips: http://www.coracing.com/forum1/index...howtopic=38497

As far as a free alternative to photoshop you could try out The Gimp: http://www.gimp.org/

It takes a while to get used to but it's pretty powerful.