Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98 pcm

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 09:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 pcm

i just bought a 98 ss six speed with a 9" and a hypertech programmer. the only problem with the programmer is that the jack *** didn't give me the programmer, instead he has made excuses for the last month about how he mailed it and i should of got it by now. so i am in a funny spot now . i have a nitrous kit which i am afraid to use now because he turned the timing up with the programmer supposedly so i dont think i should spray it like that. what would be my best bet. should i just get a stock pcm and are there any differences in ss verses a z car. is there a # to look for on a 98 pcm to make sure it will work. any help would be greatly appreciated.

brandon
Old 04-18-2006, 09:14 AM
ESR
LS1TECH Sponsor

Where are you located Im sure someone here would be willing to help.......
Originally Posted by kingb
i just bought a 98 ss six speed with a 9" and a hypertech programmer. the only problem with the programmer is that the jack *** didn't give me the programmer, instead he has made excuses for the last month about how he mailed it and i should of got it by now. so i am in a funny spot now . i have a nitrous kit which i am afraid to use now because he turned the timing up with the programmer supposedly so i dont think i should spray it like that. what would be my best bet. should i just get a stock pcm and are there any differences in ss verses a z car. is there a # to look for on a 98 pcm to make sure it will work. any help would be greatly appreciated.

brandon
Old 04-18-2006, 07:21 PM
JGA
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kingb

brandon
Hi

madz28 can reflash you pcm for you. You might find someone that will do it for free on this form. I remember seeing a thread a while back. Do a search. Also, have a look at the sponsors. There are a few who can reflash it.

I believe there is no difference in the PCM between 98 SS and Z28. However, the reflash on the PCM is VIN specific. Most shops will supply the latest version based on your VIN.

JA

Last edited by horist; 04-20-2006 at 11:54 AM.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:34 AM
On The Tree

thanks for the help, its really appreciated