Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car is acting up

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 12:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car is acting up

Lately, my car has been doing something very odd. This started about 3 months ago. My car has been tuned with the mods it has. This is what my does: for example, just right now when I was getting home from class, I was reversing my car into the car port and it stalled (I know, I know, to my defense, it's uphill). Ok, I start it back up, but when I turn the key, the "Err" message appears on the radio and once my car starts, it drives like ****. It's surging like mad and I have to literally keep it on by stepping on the gas pedal, otherwise it will turn off. If I drive it like this for a while, it will re-learn the fuel curve and start driving like normal once this happens. I have to keep my right foot on the gas though, the whole time even when driving and especially when coming to a halt. There are no SES lights, or any other lights on the gauge cluster that turn on when this happens. Is there anything in particular I should look for? A short maybe? Any help is appreciated guys.

I had already posted about this in the external section, and thought the problem had been resolved by removing some fuses, but the problem persists.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:41 PM
TECH Addict

Check the battery, it's ground to the chassis and the two terminal connections.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:00 PM
12 Second Club

The only time I had to keep on the gas to keep the car running was when my Battery died.

Loss of electricity will also create an "error" for your radio.

I believe it will also "reset" your computer, meaning it has to relearn all the fuel trims, idle trims, etc. (it doesn't reset your tune).