Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

OMFG i love DR's

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 08:19 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OMFG i love DR's

oh man i just bolted on a set of bf goodrich drag radials i have in the garage for the track, i bought them last year just never bolted them up to take for a spin. well just did and let me tell you i was impressed. never have i gotten traction like that in that car. im rolling on some hard KD's right now and i cant even barely get into it without traction control coming on. well i launched the car at almost 3k w/the dr's and barely any tire spin same with when i nailed 2nd. i am so impressed i left them on for tomorrow. so picture my car w/ the z06's up front and y2k chromes in the back. looks nice ghetto but the **** runs like hell.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:20 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by PurpleHaze98
oh man i just bolted on a set of bf goodrich drag radials i have in the garage for the track, i bought them last year just never bolted them up to take for a spin. well just did and let me tell you i was impressed. never have i gotten traction like that in that car. im rolling on some hard KD's right now and i cant even barely get into it without traction control coming on. well i launched the car at almost 3k w/the dr's and barely any tire spin same with when i nailed 2nd. i am so impressed i left them on for tomorrow. so picture my car w/ the z06's up front and y2k chromes in the back. looks nice ghetto but the **** runs like hell.
What'cha using traction control for?
Old 04-20-2006, 10:21 PM
10 Second Club

awesome, but be careful if ANY wet weather or surfaces are in your path...scary ride.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:25 PM
Launching!

hey traction control stays on in my car, i dont have this thing to loose it doing some stupid *** move like ive seen tons of cars. Vette2Vette salvage yard is a friend of the family so my dad always took me there to show me the wreaked vettes, kinda instilled some fear in me. that aint a bad thing. ive seen way too many c5's completly wreaked w/blood still all over the place, half the interior parts in my car came from wreaked vettes.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:16 PM
Staging Lane

Iv got the Nitto 555R Extreme Dr..305/35/18 I can leave TC on and it dont even throw it on.. But It will leave black marks about 20ft till I hit 6,900RPM for second..
Old 04-21-2006, 04:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

hey traction control stays on in my car, i dont have this thing to loose it doing some stupid *** move like ive seen tons of cars. Vette2Vette salvage yard is a friend of the family so my dad always took me there to show me the wreaked vettes, kinda instilled some fear in me. that aint a bad thing. ive seen way too many c5's completly wreaked w/blood still all over the place, half the interior parts in my car came from wreaked vettes.

Dude?....
Old 04-21-2006, 04:54 PM
10 Second Club

DR's should be a mandatory part of anything or upgrade to 450+ hp......buy a turbo kit, drs included, buy a maggy same same...
Old 04-23-2006, 05:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

@ the maggie comment
Old 04-23-2006, 10:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
@ the maggie comment
Old 04-23-2006, 11:34 AM
On The Tree

I use the BFG 315 DR. I love how they hook on the street, but I broke my left side shaft at the track with em'
Old 04-23-2006, 12:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Did your car come with the "competetive driving" setting?
Old 04-23-2006, 12:56 PM
7 Second Club

My car stays in competitive mode all the time.I hate traction control when I'm trying to enjoy the car.

I run around with 550-560 rwhp on motor and have the 150 jets in and haven't encountered a situation I couldn't handle without TC.

TC spoils the fun.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:44 PM
Launching!

well when my 98 is my daily driver and need it to last i dont wanna take anychances. plus being my age i could really do w/out an accident at all not saying i cant drive my own car but i think its just smarter for me.