General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Another stupid turn signal thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 03:35 PM
Syn
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another stupid turn signal thread

I've searched for the past half hour reading everyone's problems and their fixes for the particular turn signal problem they are having but it seems mine is different. Here's what the car (99 TA) does:

Daytime running lights: the front driver's side doesn't light up at all.
Turn signal left: the arrow stays solid on the dash light, the front driver's side light does not blink or come on at all, and the rear light stays on solid.
Turn signal right: all lights blink fine.
Hazard lights: Everything blinks except for the front driver's side which doesn't come on at all.

From the above you'd think it was just that front driver's turn signal bulb gone bad. But when I hit my keyless entry it flashes just fine so it can't be the bulb, right? And the right turn signal flashes fine so it can't be the flasher, based on what I already read, correct? So is the only thing I'm left with a possible dirty/corroded bulb socket? But if it's this bulb socket why does the light flash fine when I hit my keyless entry?
Old 04-22-2006, 04:59 PM
On The Tree

your flasher is bad, look under the dash on the driverside right beside your steering columb for a aluminum cylinder. or just go to autozone and find a "flasher" for your turn signal and replace it. i just fixed ny problem a month ago and had the same issues
Old 04-22-2006, 05:11 PM
Syn
On The Tree

I've read multiple times it can't be the flasher if the right signals flash fine though.

I also read that the bulbs are dual filament, so could it be that it flashes fine when I hit the keyless entry because the filament used for that still works? And just the filament for the DRL/turn signals is bad?

Also I was just outside trying to see if I could get to the bulb using the little 'trap door' thing and I could get my hand up behind the light housing but I couldn't feel for where the bulb was or how the heck I was supposed to actually get the bulb out using that method. Any tips? I want to replace the bulb first to see if that's it.
Old 04-22-2006, 06:07 PM
On The Tree

when i take the bulb out i just reach in the gap right under the turn signal plastic guard is on the outside of the car. it has 2 "gaps" the top one is the signal and the bottom is where the bulb is. but FWI my right signal worked fine too just didnt flash the left, it just stayed solid on the dash and it was the flasher but good luck.
Old 04-22-2006, 06:11 PM
Syn
On The Tree

Ok, I'll try both. I mean the flasher and a bulb are both dirt cheap anyways Thanks.