LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

'97 LT1 Camaro - Just had the computer reprogramed, how much do I need to drive...

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 04:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default '97 LT1 Camaro - Just had the computer reprogramed, how much do I need to drive...

I just had the computer reprogrammed on my '97 LT1 Camaro and I'm trying to get the plug in emissions test done in Georgia. I just failed the test for the computer is in 'not ready' status and I was told a certain amount of driving is going to be needed to make it go to ready status.

I have a temporary tag so I can drive the car now and I was planning on putting a coulpe of hundred miles on it before taking it back. The guy that did the test was pretty cool about it. He said that he'd do at least 75 miles or more before bringing it back but he'd check to see if anybody knew what the drive cycle was (or whatever it's called) for this car for it varies from car to car. Does anybody know how many miles I should put on it?

Thanks!

Ted
Old 04-22-2006, 04:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

I think it's around 150-200 miles or something like 50 ignition cycles.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh wow, I need to put that many miles on it. Guess I better get out and do some driving before I go and get it tested again.