Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

125 shot?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 09:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 125 shot?

I have a friend that just bought a 03 cobra , so i need a little bit of a kick so he doesnt beat me.... I have a bone stock motor, and was planning on a 125 shot... would there be anythign else you guys recommend just to be safe?
Old 04-25-2006, 09:46 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/495230-going-nx-what-everything-i-ll-need-safe.html

hows that?
Old 04-26-2006, 04:24 PM
Board Certified Idiot

Spray 150 Dont look Back your Car will Handle it like a CHamp
Old 04-26-2006, 06:39 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Z2K_MrJ
Spray 150 Dont look Back your Car will Handle it like a CHamp

I wouldnt follow this advice. At least not without checking your car out with a scanner/logger, and changing plugs. But to each their own.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

If you want an extra margin of safety consider an FJO 2 channel wideband. It has a built in window switch & TPS switch. But most of all you can choose the air fuel ratios where it will shut the nitrous system down if it gets too lean or too rich. It's not cheap but if it saves your motor just once it will have paid for it's self many times over.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:12 PM
Board Certified Idiot

Originally Posted by CAT3
I wouldnt follow this advice. At least not without checking your car out with a scanner/logger, and changing plugs. But to each their own.
Thats COMPLETE NONSECE to many Ppl on this bord have the same Crap on his Car as every 1 esle & They SPray 150.. Assuming they have the safety Features.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:09 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Z2K_MrJ
Thats COMPLETE NONSECE to many Ppl on this bord have the same Crap on his Car as every 1 esle & They SPray 150.. Assuming they have the safety Features.
Ok, well MrJ, what do you consider safety features? Lets hear it please, I am sure you dont consider an extra 25 hp shot a safety feature do you?
See, this is the crap that will end up getting someones car jacked up. Just because it works for you, your neighbor and every 1 else, doesnt mean it works everytime for everyone. If you paid half the attention to the question as you should have, he asking how to make it safer...hence my link to a thread where myself and other experienced addicts just answered safety features. If you had a safety feature to contribute please do so, but lets refrain from making ourselves out to be less than we are. Your ASSumption makes an *** out of you not me, but has the potential for him to pop the second set of ring lands on the #7 piston.
Do you ever consider how many miles he has on his car? why is that relevant you ask, well as you probably are experienced with, the LS1's have an issue of sucking oil thru the intake. Oil in the chamber creates a source of detonation, which mixed with nitrous is something that creates excessive cylinder pressure. Excessive cylinder pressure tends to snap pieces of the second ring land of the #7 piston off like a crisp chip! Of course, you probably already considered that in your advice to just spray it like the other guys do!
And speaking of all these other guys that have the same mods (I thought he was STOCK) do you know them personally and can verify they never checked their timing, changed their plugs etc? The few ppl I have personal experience with here in Hawaii have all taken the common sense safer is better approach to shooting 150 shots, like check the timing advance (maybe someone previously installed a diablo sport tune jacking the timing up to 31* not good for 150 shot) changing plugs etc..
Again, to each their own, but dont come in my house and say some arrogant **** like that. Bottom line, you gave some shady bad advice and you can smile because your not liable if anything happens.

Charlie
Old 04-27-2006, 06:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by CAT3

I, for one, appreciate guys like you who take the time to help us stay SAFE and have fun at the same time... Thanks for the effort you put in here!
Old 04-27-2006, 08:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

im with CAT here....dont be a jackass. as far as the Q, Colder Plugs (TR-6s), FPSS , Window switch (or just get the FJO), and be sure shes up for 125. oh personally, i would go with a blow down tube as well. not a MUST, but i think theyre good to have. good luck. and let us know how it goes
Old 04-27-2006, 09:16 AM
Board Certified Idiot

Well i dont see myself as being an ***. I am more or less Speaking the truth .. You can take what i Said in your OWN way. I never ASSUME anything when it comes to nitrous On a CAr so lets CLEAR that UP. I guess if i poseted some LInks like you did it would have been OK HAHA w/e then. YOur then TECH not I
Old 04-27-2006, 11:13 AM
Restricted User

MrJ, first let me say I was not trying to be rude, nor controlling and I apoligize to you if thats how you took it, sorry. I have seen first hand where your post of "spray 150 and dont look back....." has gotten ppl in trouble, usually not the ones asking the original question either, but someone that happened to step in and read cuz it came up as a search hit....(holy **** theres a suggestion for too many questions on here have been answered time and time and time again, but that button up top still eludes ppl). My comment about ASSumptions, well I am not calling you and ***, rather saying that if we make assumptions and we provide techinal advice based off our assumption, something can go wrong and we're not liable for the damage, which could have been prevented from taking an extra sentence or two to gather all the facts and make a more educated, experienced based decision. I hope you see that to true and not a lame excuse. If I thought you were an *** I'd simply say it. Your reply back doesnt look like to me like your an *******. You are also correct in I have to take your post in my own way, we aren't chatting on the phone, I dont know what your emphsizing, especially using mixed UC and LC letters, there may be a hidden point, or an emotion that is not clearly conveyed in typeset. As far as making an assuption, in this particular case and thread, I believe you have. I searched and read through every other post you have made on this forum and none of them have been so lacking in detail, from your perspective or the originators. You have mentioned tuning before, plugs, and various other things, why not here? Maybe like me you were tired, or felt someone challenged you and said **** it, leave a short simple reply, but in the grand scheme of things, if you dont know this guy and his car intimately then fact is you made an assumption, only thing to do now is chaulk it up to a learning experience. If we didnt make mistakes we wouldn't learn. Again, I have seen some good information from you in the past and encourage you to continue. Sorry if this offends you, but I want to clear this up. Thank you for taking the time to read it also, means something to me.

Good catch on the blowdown tube, thought I mentioned that in the linked thread, maybe not. Filters people, get them, use them, check them, clean them.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:31 PM
Board Certified Idiot

LOL no Prob Man. You Preety much Read my mind on that there.. ya i did leave lots left out but figured it was ok because you and the others had listed everything else
Old 04-27-2006, 01:23 PM
Restricted User

Cool man, glad to see we're good. Thanks.

Charlie