LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

question bout fuel thing on intake

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 01:16 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Default question bout fuel thing on intake

on the pass. side of the intake theres a electronic box that a fuel line goes into then it goes into the TB. Im pretty sure its some sort of a venting ( electronic venting?). Did anyone take it off and just vent the line somewhere else? Whats the deal with this thing? I wanna pull it all off but i dont know what to do about it.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmm My car doesnt have that. I dont really get what your saying though
Old 04-28-2006, 07:07 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you're talking about the evaporative emissions system. Basically, gas fumes from the tank get absorbed in a charcoal canister by the tank, and then when the engine is at the right running conditions a solenoid valve opens and allows the intake to suck the vapors out of the canister. The circular object is a vacuum sensor to determine if the system is operating properly. The other part close by is the solenoid valve. I don't know what's involved with removing it though.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, that's part of the EVAP system. It's not a fuel line but a vent line that pulls vapors from the charcoal cannister at the driver's side rear of the car. When it's all working properly you will never notice any gas smell. But on these cars they tend to have the charcoal cannister break down, the rubber hoses get hard, crack and leak or the solenoids or valves don't work right and you end up with a gas smell after driving the car. No reason to remove it unless you want to have problems. If your car is a race only car, then go ahead and remove the stuff.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:19 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

yea, its a "race car" only. So i want to remove all that i can so when i pull the motor a few times its real easy. Thanks, you answered my question to the T

Quick Reply: question bout fuel thing on intake