Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

crushed sidepipes

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 12:29 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default crushed sidepipes

well ive come to the conclusion that im gonna go pacesetter LTs with the tsp TD piping...now these usually come dumped facing down...i want to cut the piping and angle the tips so that they are dumped sideways and have a muffler shop extend/bend the piping so that it is dumped out the side right in front of the rear tire...
the car will remail stock rideheight for a while but i ultimately plan on lowering it maybe 2 inches al tyhe way around...anybody else running round side exits?
what have been ur experiences with them...do u scrape a lot or even have crushed one? stock height or lowered? just trying to get sum feedback before i do it and crush my piping on the first steep driveway
Old 05-06-2006, 12:33 PM
Tech Resident

I think you could do it if the ride hight was stock, but I really dont think you'll get it to work with a 2in drop unless you do some major modifications to make everything fit.

This is what you want to do right?

Old 05-06-2006, 12:39 PM
TECH Regular

as far as the piping exiting out the in front of the rear wheel yes...but i want to go with the round tips that the tsp set comes with...thats what makes me worry bout the clearance...with the z28 tips like urs they offer good clearance, however im not a fan of the looks....ill probably still get em and keep the car stock height...and if i lower it and they become a problem ill just go back to dumping them underneath the car...
Old 05-06-2006, 12:42 PM
Tech Resident

I wouldnt use the "tips" the TSP comes with, they arnt ment to be seen (i.e. they look like crap)

Also, thats not my car, those pics are from the bolt-ons guide at the top of the page, I just have a normal TSP true-dual settup.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:45 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by WhiteKnightZ28
I wouldnt use the "tips" the TSP comes with, they arnt ment to be seen (i.e. they look like crap)

Also, thats not my car, those pics are from the bolt-ons guide at the top of the page, I just have a normal TSP true-dual settup.
well i like em...i think they will give the car that raw look im looking for...for the time being the car is still fully stock...still need to have the rear pulled out on the frame machine...but im so busy at my shop its gonna be a month before i even start to work on it...still havent even got to really drive the car yet
Old 05-06-2006, 01:14 PM
TECH Regular

anybody else got any experiences with em? id like to get as much feedback before i make my decision
Old 05-06-2006, 03:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gonna be real hard if you lower it. If you plan to add SFC's, forget about side pipes. To gain the necessary clearance between the pipes and the bottom of the car/SFC's, you're gonna be looking at 1-2" clearance at best.