LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Done with bolt on's, whats next?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 05:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Done with bolt on's, whats next?

I got all the bolt on's, and I got it cammed, I know for a fact that my mod will be 3.73 gears but I'm not quite sure what to do now.

I think doing the suspension and chaises mods will be great, If so what do I need, what do u recommend and what will be the benefit.
Old 05-07-2006, 06:01 AM
TECH Addict

Well then here goes. First what is your list of mods? Second, if you do have every bolt on and are happy with the current setups output then heck yes suspension would be next. IMHO I say you should get Sticky tires, shocks all the way around and springs (for your setup drag or street strip or whatever), relocation brackets, LCA's, PHB, TQ arm bar, subframe connectors last. Depnding on if youre a A4 or M6 there are other things youll have to deal with like rebuilding the A4 or getting a torque converter. If youre a A4 and dont have one youre behind the curve. If youre a M6 and you start making some good power and dumping higher and higher you made need a new re end soon. I've done my motor to where I want it except for the tune. If it's making mid 400's or running 11's then Ill leave it alone. My suspension is almost complete. I ordered some Strange shocks and springs for the front last night and I'm buying a used Global West Traction Link torque arm bar today or tommorow. That would be everything. After getting all that I think the best plan is to learn the car and maxamize what you have. Then after you have done that then spray it like a ****.
Old 05-07-2006, 08:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

I don't see an electric water pump in your list of mods. Or 1.6s, even though it has been disputed as a bolt-on. Suspension, weight removal, sticky tire, and a tune and you're set!
Old 05-07-2006, 09:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

what’s done to the car:

Performance Mods: (Overhauled Engine)

.020 over size pistons, cam, fully roller valvetrane (1.6rr's, springs, retainers, locks.. etc), Hardened push rods, New heads with hand p&p, 58mm BBK TB, Moroso cold air intake with High flow tick flow elbow , Hooker long tube Headers, Ory, Magna flow cat back, ! all emission BS, fully built A4 with trans Go Shift Kit, TCI torque converter. Transmission oil cooler.

Non performance:
new cooling system, new fuel lines, new water pump, new oil pump (high volume), new filters and fluids all around, new wiring all around, including ignition and spark plugs, New sensors all around.

I am sure I missed something, I am now waiting fro the LT4 knock module and the ARP head Bolts and I am ready to fire her up, with al that done the car will go to the exhaust shop just to check and spot any leaks.

with all that done, i will be going to the Dyno to tune (thanks in advance Honda Hunter) the car and I guess I'll be set.

In a few days i will order 3.73 gears, and bumper to bumper bushings, I might as well get an alloy drive shaft (not sure still reading about it).

what els do I need to do to the car?

*Edit*
the car is a daily beater for now, and will only see the strip in test days for fun and frindly races.

Last edited by LT1BRN; 05-07-2006 at 09:35 AM.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its hard to tell since you havent told us what you plan to do with the car. If that was me I would have my heads ported.
I always try and tell people that make posts like this to just fix what they dont like about the car.
Say your not happy with the power. Then add more power with heads, or something like that.
If you dont like the looks of it, change the wheels or tint the windows.
If you dont like the way it looks or handles do springs shocks and sway bars.
Oh and for LT14LiFE JT it says he has the HotCam kit and Im pretty sure that comes with 1.6rrs
Old 05-07-2006, 09:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TAEnvy
Oh and for LT14LiFE JT it says he has the HotCam kit and Im pretty sure that comes with 1.6rrs
Yes, you are correct..Don't know what I was thinking. I guess because I didn't see them listed.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LT14LIFE JT
Yes, you are correct..Don't know what I was thinking. I guess because I didn't see them listed.

they are now, haha.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:40 AM
TECH Addict

Looks like youre on the right track. Only thing missing off the top of my head is a electric water pump. I cant wait to see your car on the dyno. If Tag is as good as I hear things should go well. I'm intrested in seeing his style and how he finds power. Did you already order the LT4 KM? Tag should be able to get the same results through tuning.
Old 05-07-2006, 10:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

you don't have a whole lot left. I would do what the above guys have said and work on suspension.

Im in the same boat. engine is at its completion and any other thing to add more power will cost mega $$$ (single plane intake conversion, convert some kickass SBC heads to reverse flow, turbo/supercharger)

I guess you could install a decent shot of nitrous. for those times when your car is feeling a little "boring" a 100 shot of nitrous will bring a smile to your face!
Old 05-07-2006, 11:06 AM
TECH Addict

He still has alot of room to grow. Some pro ported heads and matching cam could make a world of a diff.
Old 05-07-2006, 11:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Windage tray, crankshaft wiper, pan baffle for rear main. Mainly oil control items.
Old 05-07-2006, 04:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1989GTA
Windage tray, crankshaft wiper, pan baffle for rear main. Mainly oil control items.
sorry for the ignorance, I'm new to this so what would I gain from the oil control mods and where can i find them?
Old 05-07-2006, 04:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LT1BRN
sorry for the ignorance, I'm new to this so what would I gain from the oil control mods and where can i find them?
They will help you sleep better.
Old 05-08-2006, 05:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Honda Hunter
They will help you sleep better.

How nice..
Old 05-08-2006, 06:01 AM
TECH Addict

I know I sleep better when I know I have all the precation mods that keep my engine running. Like people running a 4000 stall with no temp gauge and no tranny cooler. They dont slepp well
Old 05-08-2006, 06:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I know I sleep better when I know I have all the precation mods that keep my engine running. Like people running a 4000 stall with no temp gauge and no tranny cooler. They dont slepp well

thank you.

what do you recomend of brands, and where to get them from?
Old 05-08-2006, 06:53 AM
TECH Addict

You can get from Victory Racing. Great shop, willing to help and dont mind catering to the special needs of those who arent located in the states. THey sent my stroker in 3-4 different boxes because wieght restrictions sending it to a military overseas address. Great people.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can get from Victory Racing. Great shop, willing to help and dont mind catering to the special needs of those who arent located in the states. THey sent my stroker in 3-4 different boxes because wieght restrictions sending it to a military overseas address. Great people.
Your too kind ray, you get the decals eric sent yet?

I want pics of them on a tank
Old 05-24-2006, 02:38 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Uthinkso
Your too kind ray, you get the decals eric sent yet?

I want pics of them on a tank
Not yet. Should be here next week. With the holiday coming up shipping will be slower plus I'm going to Greece next week so hopefully theyll be waiting for me when I get back. Thanks
Old 05-24-2006, 03:56 AM
TECH Addict

Edit: Came in today. The stickers look awesome. Cant wait to get them on the car. Thanks for the great service VR

Quick Reply: Done with bolt on's, whats next?