Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NX Wet kit problem.

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 07:14 AM
TECH Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default NX Wet kit problem.

Me and my buddy installed an NX wet kit on his 300C SRT-8. In first and second gear the car feels nice and smooth but in third and fourth it feels more rough like the nitrous is not running smoothly. What could cause this?
We are going to put it on the dyno soon to make sure we arent running it lean by running 1100 psi. It is pretty impressive to be riding in a vehicle that heavy and it just break the tires loose at 3k when he hits the switch.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:34 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you changed the plugs to a step colder with a smaller gap? I'm not familiar with what the Mopar is running facotry, but I imagine the plug is a cheaper style like the LS1 with a Platinum disc, those tend to blow off the grounding strap under extreme cylinder pressure, and the factory gap is probably a bit wide for nitrous use. The LS1 has a .050" gap or something, and we tighten them down to around .038" or less, using NGK TR-6 Plugs. Also, buy a filter and a bottle warmer. The little screen in the inlet of the nitrous will clog us easily, from either having trash in the new bottle, or when you fill it from the supplier which will cause it to run shitty. GL.

Charlie
Old 05-08-2006, 08:39 AM
TECH Regular

OH yeah! That makes alot of sense. He is still running the stock plugs. I will try it and see if it works.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:46 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After swapping the plugs check your bottle pressure.
Ricky
Old 05-08-2006, 01:13 PM
TECH Regular

Bottle pressure the first couple of runs were around 800psi but after a short bath with the bottle we had it at about 1100psi. LOTS more power but still inconsistant in the upper gears.