Sponsored by:

Swapping 120 mph Gauge Cluster for 155mph

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 11:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Swapping 120 mph Gauge Cluster for 155mph

Hey Guys,

Sorry, I couldn't figure out which category to put this under.

I decided on getting a V6 since I'm only seventeen. I can save on insurance, gas and car payment. My goal is to try to make my V6 look like a Z28 on the outside and inside. The main thing for the inside to match is, I need a 155mph cluster instead of the shitty 120mph. My question is can I just take out my entire stock cluster and plug in a 155mph one. Is it that easy, or is it not even possible. Also how will I get the odometer to read right?

Another one of my questions is, what is the best way to make a V6's exhaust look like a Z28? Most V6's with dual exhaust, from the back look cheesy and you can tell it's a V6. All I want it to do is look identical to a Z28's exhaust even though I KNOW it won't sound like one, but that's ok.

Base Car
2002 Camaro
5-speed V6
Black on Black
Leather
T-Tops
50K Miles

Future Mod List
Z28 Gauges
SS hood
Eibach Pro-Kit
18's with used tires
Dual Exhaust
Short Throw Shifter
Z28 Limited Slip
Custom Tune
Lid
Tinted Windows

Thanks,
Nick
Old 05-10-2006, 05:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can swap clusters. Your tach will be off unless you use something like a Dakota Digital tach adapter. I was going to do the same thing to my '98, and actually picked up the v8 cluster and the tach adapter. But then I ended up picking up a v8 engine and pcm to match, and selling the adapter...