Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pcm timing for spray

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 12:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pcm timing for spray

hey guys ,whats up? i have a 98 camaro i bought was told from prevouis owner that when the pcm was tuned the timing was locked in,is this possable?why im asking is the car also has spray and it has a timing tuner,im wanting to have timing retard when spray is activated and dont know if the timing tuner will work if the timing is locked in,any help would be greatly appreciated
thank u Dave
Old 05-11-2006, 12:53 PM
TECH Addict

There's primarily one timing table in the PCM that's used (assuming no knock retard). So when the tuner says it's locked in, it's not adjustable using the parameters within the PCM. Hooking up an external device like a timing tuner should overide the values in the PCM if a condition is set (ie spary activated). If you want to double check to make sure its working, find someone with a scanner and go for a ride.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:09 PM
Teching In

i have a scanner,just take it down the road and activate and just watch my timing correct,or i could probably just put power to the wire to simulate actavation by soleniod and would it show a change at just idle?
thanks so much