Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Chrome or Black on Bright Teal Metallic...

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 11:28 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Chrome or Black on Bright Teal Metallic...

If I decide to ditch the 17x9.5 and 17x11 ZR1s that I have now, I'll be going with some 18" Z06 Motorsports. Please help me decide on the black painted or chrome finish. If anyone would like to try a photo shop I can provide a bigger photo...

Also how glossy are the black painted wheels? I HATE the look of flat black wheels, they look disgusting. Seems like most pictures of the black Z06s that I see, the camera really doesn't pick up any of the light inside the wheel, and I think they look crappy. So how bitchin do they look in person?

Basically I already know the chrome would look flashy, but black could look menacing and definitely stand out where I live. Car is stock height, however the front springs have sagged a little bit, so the 18s in front would look good, just a little worried that the gap would be a bit too big for 18s in the back. Sig picture was taken uphill with an empty gas tank, so the car sits a bit lower all around in person.

Thanks for your help, probably seems like I'd better happier sticking with what works now, but I'm just super critical and if I'm gonna spend the money it better turn out perfect.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:08 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

either would look good, but i'd go black to match the roof and mirrors
Old 05-12-2006, 12:11 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

blacked out tailights and the black headlight area too, just worried it might be a little too much black, thanks for your input

Quick Reply: Chrome or Black on Bright Teal Metallic...