Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Opinions on the Kenne Bell S/C?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 08:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Opinions on the Kenne Bell S/C?

Well as you can see in my sig I'm building a 402 LS2 for boost. For a while I wanted to fab up my own TT setup but have decided to go S/C. I personally like the idea of hearing the S/C and having insane tq down low. I know one guy that had the Kenne Bell put down like 690/738 w/ 720rwtq at only 2300rpm!! I'm hoping that they are working on a setup for the 6.2L so that I can use those L92 heads.

The plan (open to suggestions)
LS2 block
Eagle 4" crank
Carrillo rods
Wiseco pistons w/ Hellfire rings
L92 heads (mild port job)
Shaft rockers (?)
Custom cam grind
And a nice little Kenne Bell w/ ~12-14 psi

Jason
Old 05-12-2006, 09:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

I say be smart and take a deep breath and let all the bugs/kinks get worked out as the KB Just freakin came out as you know for LSX applications, and that means those who pull the trigger early will spend countless $ and trial and error getting it to run right and essentially will be doing KB's real world R&D in the LSX high performance world. Give it a little time and when 10, 20 cars or so are running great, pull the trigger if that is what you really want and in the meantime just relax!!!

If you can't wait,then go with another system that is already proven and tested at the expense of somebody elses' trial and tribulations and (BIG $) unless you have the time and $ to blow!
Old 05-13-2006, 09:08 PM
On The Tree

You might want to send a message to Rick@Synergy on this board. I know he just built a motor and installed the kenney bell on corvette. It is one of thefirest that i know of. your call him at 510-synergy. He did all the work on my car. He is very precise on his work. doesn't let a car go until it is done right and the customer is happy.
Old 05-13-2006, 09:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by redline.inc
You might want to send a message to Rick@Synergy on this board. I know he just built a motor and installed the kenney bell on corvette. It is one of thefirest that i know of. your call him at 510-synergy. He did all the work on my car. He is very precise on his work. doesn't let a car go until it is done right and the customer is happy.
I agree.
You will want Rick to build this for you.
It's not plug a play yet.
He had to do about a dozen things to make work well.
Old 05-13-2006, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

hmm cant wait to hear this...
Old 05-13-2006, 11:18 PM
On The Tree

You can check out some of his work on the July 2006 issue of Corvette Magazine. There is a four page article on the car that he did.