Help!!! Car Won't Start!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 05:08 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!! Car Won't Start!!!

hey guys, well after four hours trying to figure out what's wrong with the car, I still have no clue. It's most likely something small. Here's the story...

First off....my car remote had low batteries...

I go to work this morning with no problems...Lock my doors, and set the alarm. I get off of work at 2:00pm, and get in my car... The alarm starts going off, and the security light is blinking. I usually can just put the key in the ignition and turn it off, this didn't work. I turn the alarm off by the remote. I try to put the key in the ignition again, and the alarm goes off again!

So I unplug the battery, wait 5-10 minutes. Reconnect the battery, and the same thing happens over and over again.

I get a new battery for my remote, and finnaly get the alarm from going off. (It honked three times)

I try to start the car, no alarm, but it doesn't start....the security code is still going off. Is it a blown fuse or what? Last time this happened, i just unpluged the battery, reconnected it, and the car started back up.

Any ideas whats wrong? Thanks
Old 05-13-2006, 05:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

It could be your ignition module going bad. I had this problem with my 94 Z and cost me like $400 from the dealer.
Old 05-13-2006, 05:26 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by alfm
It could be your ignition module going bad. I had this problem with my 94 Z and cost me like $400 from the dealer.

WTF REALLY??
Old 05-14-2006, 10:30 AM
TECH Regular

Anyone?
Old 05-14-2006, 01:55 PM
TECH Junkie

If it's not turning over at all and the security light is blinking, that sounds like the VATS has died. alfm and I have both apparently suffered from this in the past, because the fix for me was to go to the dealer and get a new ignition tumbler and new keys.

-Mike
Old 05-14-2006, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

If security light turns on when you try to start the car and light stays on then it probably is your VATS. Just get it removed or disarm it at the dealer. Just get an alarm and that's pretty much it. It's pricey to fix