Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flowtech Cuttout

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 12:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Flowtech Cuttout

would it be too hard to buy just a flowtech manual cuttout now and when I get a little dough, buy the QTP electric component to make it electric? or does it all have to be done at once?
Old 05-14-2006, 01:00 PM
Import Patrol

[QUOTE=Italiano99]would it be too hard to buy just a flowtech manual cuttout now and when I get a little dough, buy the QTP electric component to make it electric? or does it all have to be done at once?[/QUOTE

It will be cheaper to do it all at once. But it does not all half to be done at once. But would not suggest getting a flowtech, they are not made of to much quality.
Old 05-14-2006, 01:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Either way is fine, but it's better to have the electric portion with you when getting it welded to make sure it's positioned correctly and enough room is allowed for the motor portion.
Old 05-14-2006, 03:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 2001NBMZ28
Either way is fine, but it's better to have the electric portion with you when getting it welded to make sure it's positioned correctly and enough room is allowed for the motor portion.
Mine E-cutout hadn't arrived when I had my Flowtech cutout installed, so we guesstimated it, and I ended up losing some ground clearance b/c it was aimed a little lower than I'd have liked. But I ended up getting rid of that setup and moved the E-cutout to the rear of the I-pipe where it blows straight back by using a 3" header collector reducer.
Old 05-14-2006, 04:40 PM
Launching!

yea, I was just wondering because I need to put the cash towards other things right now