Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

What did you do to get your car?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 11:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What did you do to get your car?

So heres the deal at then end of summer after working for a few months (i'm in college) i was wanting to get a 98-99 t/a with around 70-80k on it, no more than $10000. Well as bad luck should have it my current car crapped out on me, needs new trans. My parents just want to fix it but i would rather them put the money towards the t/a and get it early. They are extremely hesitant. As of right now i only have about $2000 to call on from savings and money my parents owe me from college expenses they said they would reimburse me.

My question what can i do to get the car, anyone have a similar story with a LS1 ending, some advice would be greatly appreciated.

oh yea to give you an idea of the p.o.s. i drive its a 93' grand am 126000 miles and we've pretty much totled the car three times due to repairs and maintinece.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

what are you goin to college for? if your going to be making alot of money when you finish just say ill remburse you. or you could always pay them low monthly payments. or they could co-sign on a loan. also depending on what kind of car you have now you might get a decent amount on a trade in. trust me my man im in college full time and i found a way, and if i can do it so can you. good luck
Old 05-17-2006, 11:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

oh by the way to answer your ? i got my car by trading in my girlfriends brand new 2004 mazda 3 (20,000 new) put about 15k on it. then traded it in for my 2000 WS6. Trans am only had 5k on it so we got 14k for her car and the T/A was 22k . so when i left i still owed 8k, and if your womdering about my girl he parents got pissed and bouth her a 2005 monte carlo ss.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow thats kinda a douche bag manuver... I got my car by going to the dealer and buying it with my own credit then telling my parents later. If you're over 18 you're an adult and if you want it bad enough make it happen.
Old 05-18-2006, 12:56 AM
TECH Resident

I called my bank for a preapproval loan on an 01 Camaro SS with 20K they gave me a limit of 21k and I bought it for $17,500 (july of 05) So I get it home take the 4K from the insurance (totaled previous car from some drunk driver crashing into my driver's side door running a red light est 80+mph) put it towards the 17.5 and I owe about 10k still. I work weekends as a security officer get the G.I.bill for school and detail cars on the side If everything works out right I'll have this car paid off in july of 07 (really tight budgeting)