Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Attention Everyone!!!! Please read

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 12:20 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attention Everyone!!!! Please read

To anyone who is considering eating out at Barnacles:

My friends and I went to Barnacles tonight, Wednesday, thinking we would have a decent time.......

So this all starts last night, Tuesday. We, My Girlfriend and 2 other people, went to the Barnacles off of plesant hill rd in Gwinnett to have dinner, get there just to find out that they check ID at the door because they allow somking inside their resturant, ok so we go all the way back home to get my girlfriends ID and back just to find out that at 9pm they turn into a 21 and older joint. No big deal except the sing on the door says 18 and up and there is 1 person with us thats 20, nowhere does it say you must be a certian age after a certian time to dine there. Ok so no big deal just a little inconvienent.

We went back tonight because my girlfriend really wanted seafood. So we get there about 7:45, the bouncer isnt even bothering to check ID, just asking if we were all of age. Get seated. Place our drink order, 1 was a Long Island Iced Tea so of course the waiter checks ID to ensure that person was 21. About 15 minutes later we finally get our drinks and place our appetizer order, Cheeze sticks and STEAMED oysters.

When the appetizers come out the STEAMED oysters are on ICE and not cooked. We send it back to get what we had ordered. When they return it appears they have just removed the Ice and possibly sat them under a heat lamp for about 5 minutes. Well after 2 were eaten we decided they couldnt understand what Steamed meant so we sent them back and told them to remove it from our check....... Well about 10 minutes pass by and we get our salads.

Im about halfway through my salad as is my best friend when my girlfriend looks at me and says " There is a Cigarette Butt in my salad. " I looked and well there it is not a smoked cigarette butt but one that has been perfectly cut off at the end, right before the print that says the brand. So we find a waitress and ask for the manager. The manager comes over and we tell him what had happened, he seems as if he isnt the least bit concerned and says " Ill be right back. " Comes back to us and says that he has comped us for 1 of the meals, we procede to inform him and the assistant manager that we DO not want to continue our dinning with them. They dont seem to understand and walk off. As they are gone our entree comes out, I had a prime rib, we do not touch our food at all. While inspecting my food i notice that there is Rice on my steak. No one in our group ordered anything that could possibly have rice on it, absoultely no possible way to have accidently spilled onto it as she carried it out to us.

The Assistant manager comes out and tells us that " there is NO way that the cigarette butt is from the kitchen because all food is watched over by a supervisor" and basically tells us that we were lying. At this point we all get very Irrate and inform him that we do not smoke so there for its showed up somewhere between the kitchen and our table. "Thats NOT possible" he says. Steps away and speaks with the waitress, comes back and says "Its come to my attention that there may possibly be some underage drinking going on at this table, I need to see your ID." !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There wasnt but even if there was it would be the original waiters fault. We agree with his request and show him our ID, with some mild scarcasm afterwards he leaves never to be seen again.
Once he is gone the waitress lady continues what she had been doing before, rolling the silverware into napkins. As we sit there awaiting the manager to return we are expressing our disgust with both the situation and the way they handled it. Suddenly the waitress B**** comes over to us and says "That wasnt a cigarett butt, it was a straw wrapper rolled up" and walks away. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!! could she be any worse at here job?!?

So finally after some arguing with the manager we get out of there, just paying for the drinks we had and the cheeze sticks. We make it out of the resturant and Pam, my girlfriend who was so upset she had started crying about 5 minutes into this, ran back inside to speak her mind with the waitress and the assistant manager. We run back in after her cause she was so upset and pull her away. The waitress looks at me and tells me to "Get her out of the F***ing resturant." !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG !!!!!!!!!!!! I pull her away while telling the waitress what I think of her and we leave once again, this time followed by the Manager. As we get to the door we start once again voicing our opinions of the poor management, service, and basic lack of caring as we leave. He tells us to leave immediately. We again continue to loudly voice our opinion out the door. Surpirsingly he comes outside to speak with us and appoligizes to us, which should have happened the instant he heard of our "surprise" in the salad. As we are standing there calmy talking the bouncer comes out. Why?! he isnt needed, no one has shown any bit of violent activity.

So that is why I am asking every one who reads this to please do not go to barnacles, any barnacles! They dont care about the customer at all.

Sorry for the very long post but its the whole story and felt you all needed to know.

Thanks

Phillip
Old 05-18-2006, 12:21 AM
Launching!

P.S. Is there any way that the admin could sticky this for maybe a week or so? It would be appreciated greatly.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:55 AM
Deranged Rat Fink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In accordance with my sticky fetish , consider it done! Can you really trust a place that names itself after a slimy thing that sucks boat bottoms?
Old 05-18-2006, 12:02 PM
On The Tree

I reccomend you contact the better business bureau, and the local department of health. I manage a subway resturant and deal in customer service everyday and this is what i highly reccomend you do if you dont want others to suffer the same horrible service and embarassment that yall did. This was rediculous.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:36 PM
Launching!

We have called bbb, health dept, and just got off the phone with the owner.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Send him a link to the site.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:55 PM
On The Tree

good maybe you can get somin done to change the way tihs resturant is managed. and maybe be compensated.