Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

If you plan on running a RAM clutch...

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 06:26 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default If you plan on running a RAM clutch...

Hey just wanted to pass on that if you plan on running a RAM 915HD in a C6, the spacer they include for the slave cylinder will cause the clutch to not work. I found out the hard way and am under the car taking it back apart. I'll let you all know if removing it fixes the problem.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by AintQik
Hey just wanted to pass on that if you plan on running a RAM 915HD in a C6, the spacer they include for the slave cylinder will cause the clutch to not work. I found out the hard way and am under the car taking it back apart. I'll let you all know if removing it fixes the problem.

Damn bro. Thanks for the heads up. I know what your going through right now. Shittiest job to do on the vette.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:40 AM
TECH Regular

Yeah its not exactly a fun deal. I'm trying to see if I can back off the torque tube with the bell housing still on the car. I think I may have enough slack in the slave line but its going to be tough. I figure these boards are to learn from our mistakes. I shout a big thanks to RAM for providing me some literature that I may or may not need the spacer or I should look into it, or I should call somebody. I guess the C6 is too new and they just aren't sure how to set it up. Anyways, I hope removing the spacer will give me some clutch, we'll know soon.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:22 PM
TECH Regular

First impressions lean toward a working clutch. Grabs in a much better spot and seems to hold. Need to break this motor in before I can lean into it but where it was slipping before it is holding.

I am going to send the spacer back to RAM and tell them they owe me $600 for the install
Old 05-18-2006, 11:25 PM
TECH Regular

on a c5 the spacer is needed, just went though it twice and now hooks hard and doing the drill mod shifts like butta
Old 05-19-2006, 05:52 AM
TECH Regular

Yup, I've heard the C5 needs the spacer. What flywheel did you use? We are trying to figure where you need the spacer on these cars. I'm not sure if its all C5s and all C6s don't or if you don't need it when you run their flywheel or what. I had there flywheel and an Eagle crank. RAM said the crank may have been off