Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Value...

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 08:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Value...

I have a stupid question... Say I have a 99' WS6 and someone backed into me. The damage is the size of a half-dollar on the right nostral. I took it for a quote and the guy told me that the insurance agency wouldn't replace the hood unless I could prove that it would decrease the value of the car. The collision guy says that he can repair it. So my question is will this repair lower the value of my 99' WS6?
Old 05-18-2006, 09:00 AM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'd think no more than a big dent on the front of a car would

if i were you i'd get it fixed...but i'm no expert. it's not like you're repainting the car...
Old 05-18-2006, 09:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Value of the car wouldn't be hurt unless you removed parts that had the original VIN (block) things like that.

As for paint, original paint makes a car more valuable than one that was a restoration.

These cars to my knowledge won't really be value cars even in 20 yrs, a pristine WS6 with a few hundred miles will be worth more than one that is daily driven etc.

If you bought your car for it's value, you should have bought 2, one to drive and one to stick in a glass bottle. I didn't buy mine to save it for the next guy.