Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

85mm Granatelli MAF, I have a dyno tuning coming up, should I have got a ZO6 instead?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 12:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85mm Granatelli MAF, I have a dyno tuning coming up, should I have got a ZO6 instead?

Called my tuner and ran installing a 85mm lid and MAF and a set of
1 7/8 headers idea by him before the tune and he said go with the 85mm setup and skip the headers.

Well I called last week and ordered one while I was on the road, wanted it before my dyno tune next week. Well I was thinking I would get the SLP or Z06 MAF and I got a Granatelli instead. My first thought was to send it back......?

I did some searching and everyone seems to like the stock MAF better for tuning.....So what to do, use it and hope for the best or wait and get a Stock MAF? Right now I am just running on a Mail order tune.

I have to figure it out by the weekend cause the tune is on Monday moring and I have to TAP a hole for my Nitrous jet in the MAF which at that point I bought it...

Thanks for your time...
Old 05-18-2006, 01:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

When I had my car tuned they told me there was a chance that I would have to put the stock MAF back on if they could not tune it, They were able to do it though. At least take your stocker to the dyno in case you would have to switch.
Old 05-18-2006, 03:44 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ask him which MAF he likes to tune. Everyone loves tuning the stock MAF, but some have the 85mm ones they like. Chuck @ HPE posted he'll throw rocks at your car if you bring it in with an 85mm MAF that isn't from a 2002 z06.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my cars runs good with the slp 85 mm tuned