Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

James Bond what?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 09:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default James Bond what?

Well,...i've seen alot of stuff come out of the back of my cars...from 5 foot flames, to pressure plates,...to rear end parts...

...but I think I beat myself out the other day. You see, when I bought this new car, a day after I put on my LS6 intake. In the middle of changeing plenums, I noticed the knock sensor that I needeed to replace, had oil all over it, like a puddle. ****. I had to half *** it cause I ddin't have my LS6 valley cover at work, it was at home, so, I had to put the car back together, leak and all. This caused a decent oil pudle in my driveway. I think it was thursday, on the way home form work, it was about 9 pm,..and i'm getting onto the highway, and I see a red Z06(C5) 50 yards in front.

I pursue,....pull along side....he didn't want anything to do with me. I goose it a couple of times,....he just fadded back a hair. So I hit it, then he follows.... So, I slow. So he can pull along side of me. He slows....wouldn't pull along side of me at all. He just seemed eager to play follow the leader. I said to myself screw it. Just go... I did. Then at around 120mph and climbing, the Z still behind me but, not gaining any ground on me at all(my mods at that time where ported TB, vararam,LS6 intake, no cats, b&b bullets, and a base tune. Don't know the power output)....so anyways, 120 plus, my car let out the nastiest smoke screen anyone has every seen!

**** was crazy....it the dude probably thought I blew up my car trying to race him. It was kinda funny,..although I felt kinda stupid...I mean, thank god it was night time....otherwise, someone would have probably called the fire department.

I got off my exit.....a minute later, he floats by me. No comment or look from the young thug.

Anyways, I fixed it yesterday at lunch....it went well. Alot of oil needed to be cleaned up though....

That said, my smoke screen rivaled james bond, easily.

Also, we did rocker arms yesterday on my car....it quieted down the vlave train ALOT. Sounds like a maytag sowing machine.

Old 05-22-2006, 07:00 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jamie
What rockers did you put on.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by PA Z06
Jamie
What rockers did you put on.

A free set of brand new harland sharps.

I've "heard" they don't make power but....less friction, is less friction, ya know.

My entire valetrain is really quiet now. Car is starting to feel better and better. And if you look at my old rockers, they are all worn pretty bad. Actually, out of all the rockers we've removed from various LSx cars and trucks, i've never seen a worse set of worn ones. So, power gained or no power gained, I replaced something that needed to be replaced.

That said, i've got tons of stock/new rockers if you or anyone needs any.

LG pro's should be here today.....and you should get your package sometime tomorrow, or at the latest wendsday.

Old 05-22-2006, 07:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so i take it you got the car fixed? didnt the clutch explode a while back?
Old 05-22-2006, 08:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
so i take it you got the car fixed? didnt the clutch explode a while back?

Did not fix the car. Bought Another White, FRC. Car does look the same but,....not the same.

Clutc/pressure plate exploded.

Quick Reply: James Bond what?