Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lid problem... help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2003, 01:01 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: lid problem... help!

Thats what I was going to suggest, I have the Whisper lid myself and when I first got it, I could never figure out how it stayed down. Anyhow, the center portion of the lip fits behind the bottow lip and after the clips (going from inside to out) the lip is on the outer side. It should then be no problem at all to fasten down. Kinda hard to explain, but youll figure it out.
Old 01-09-2003, 01:04 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Also, what kind of bellows are you running? If it's the stock accordian looking thing you'll be fine. You may need to trim it a little if your using a fernco or a baker hose. The lid won't fit as well as it should if the bellows isn't pushed all the way up on to the throttle body.
Old 01-10-2003, 12:53 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lid problem... help!

Is anyone else having trouble keeping the two clamps on your lid closed? I while back a put a new lid on and now it seems the one clamp (pass. side) won't stay down no matter how I adjust the lid! Any suggestions? Can I do something to the clamps themselves? Or is it just a crappy whisper lid fitment? Thanks for your help!
Old 01-10-2003, 12:56 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The front of the lid tucks inside of the lower air box. Is that how you have it installed?
Old 01-10-2003, 06:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like these guys said.. the lid isn't on all the way. Make sure that front lip in inside the groove in the lower airbox.

Good desciptions here:
http://www.installuniversity.com/