Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

slave valve

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 03:47 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default slave valve

When I mentioned about getting a adjustable resevior for pedal height, a couple people recommended getting a slave cylinder.

what is it? and how does it affect pedal height?

thanks

Rock
Old 05-23-2006, 12:01 PM
Teching In

ttt, anyone?
Old 05-23-2006, 02:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by libertyre
When I mentioned about getting a adjustable resevior for pedal height, a couple people recommended getting a slave cylinder.

what is it? and how does it affect pedal height?
It is the master cylinder that you can get in an adjustable version. The only one I know of is made by MacLeod.

It allows you to change the engagement of the clutch...i.e. how far you have to let the pedal out before the clutch catches.

"Once you have the adjustable unit installed, you will need to adjust the unit to the engagement point you like. This is done by simply removing the retaining clip, loosening the nut with a 9/16" wrench and turning the rod 1-2 turns at a time clockwise to move the engagement point toward the floorboard or counter clockwise to move the engagement point upward. Complete this procedure until you are comfortable with the install. Replace the retaining clip; a set of needle nose pliers does a fine job for limited space available." - www.installuniversity.com
Old 05-24-2006, 12:29 PM
Teching In

This is what Bob wrote me awhile back, he mentioned the slave cylinder when i was complaining about the pedal height

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
8-rib setup...(where do i buy and whats $$?)

[B]adjustable resevoir (clutch pedal height is getting annoying. how hard to adjust?)
a specX clutch (not sure what type yet)

I would go with the GM 01-02 slave cylinder, and I recommend the Spec Stage 3+ clutch and pressure plate. The 3+ is a full face clutch that does not chatter, plus it has a high torque rating.

maybe some internal engine stuff too... what cam would be good for a supercharged car?

The Lingenfelter GT2-3 camshaft works very well with the ATI ProChargers, and it would pass your California emissions. You will want to upgrade your valvesprings, the Comp 918's work very well, and I would add Comp 7.40" pushrods. Bob
Old 05-24-2006, 01:45 PM
TECH Addict

He's telling you to get the 01-02 slave cylinder from GM, a common upgrade for 98-00 owners. There are no adjustable slave cylinders.