Sponsored by:

New ARE Heads install same results as stock heads

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 05:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New ARE Heads install same results as stock heads

Hello All,
Helped a friend install a set of ARE Stage 3 Heads he had bought them from a fellow board member.The car before the heads when I owned it ran the times in my sig with just the cam st3500 stall and stock heads.We in stalled the ARE stage 3 heads and replaced the yank st3500 with a yank 4200 that was all that was replaced.Took the car to the track saturday for the 1st time since install and it ran almost the same times as with the stock heads and 3500 stall and actually a little slower.No gain in trap speed or et.Weather was colder than the time in my sig.Logged a run down the track with HPTuners and timing looked good only had 02's to go by but they were right around 890-910 and no knock retard was present.Looking back over this post https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts-sale/436676-stage-3-ls6-heads-1600-shipped.html this is the actual heads he bought i think the heads are just too big for his application.Seen where he said these would be good for a stroker motor Would this be the problem?Any help appreciated.
Old 05-22-2006, 05:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Most people that ask about those heads get the thumbs down right off the bat. ARE has a horrible reputation and the heads probally flat out suck. Tell him to ask the forum about the heads before he buys next time.