Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Hard to get into gear HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 09:47 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hard to get into gear HELP!!

i got my ram powergrip (non hd) installed about a month ago, and on the way home from work i noticed my car was very hard to get into gear and that it would not even go into reverse i had to turn off the car force it in reverse then start it up and back into the drive way. Everything has been fine with the clutch so far, no slipping no nothin

I hope to god this is not a clutch issue and its just the hydraluics could i have air in the line or what??? i got a new slave cylinder installed when they did my clutch swap

i will more than likely be going to get it bleed after school tomrw if i can make it to TDP.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:42 PM
Banned

TTT for the night
Old 05-23-2006, 04:57 AM
On The Tree

iv ben having the same problem with my TA after driving it hard the shifter will lock up not let you in to aney of the gears right.. and then turn it on and off a few times and it will be like nothing ever happend right... i dont no what the problem is i ben trying to post this also and no feedback on it so far try calling t56rebuilds i will be giving them acall tommaro morning and see what the deal is.. hopefully it is nothing worry about
Old 05-23-2006, 08:59 AM
Banned

alright ya thats my prb. let me know what they say im taking it to TDP today and have him pressure bleed the system
Old 05-24-2006, 12:25 AM
On The Tree

i talk to t56rebulids today they said there 80% for sure its my clutch because when it starts to slip and the clutch pedal wont come back allthe way like it shoud when your driving the car hard.. it start to lock you out of the gears.. because the gate wont release so basicly the clutch is the problem need to upgrade to speck stage 3 or LS7 clutch.. but they did say there only a bout 80% for sure without seeing the tranny open and in front of them to see what for sure it coud be but by the sounds of it they said its the clutch... post back the info you got today from where you went to see a bout it..
Old 05-24-2006, 12:55 AM
12 Second Club

Thats what happened to me, however it happened quick and in the worst place, I was pulling off the highway and I went to downshift but it wouldnt go into lower gear, so I come to the stop sign and had to start out in second gear, horrible. specially when people are honking. Anyways I got it towed to my mech and he said the problem was, my clutch seized up on me. The clutch was stuck to the floor, ended up needing new clutch and new slave. Better catch it before it happens to go somewhere stupid. like pulling off the highway.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:02 AM
On The Tree

mine did almost the same when i first got my stg3 spec, i ended up having to get the mcleod adj master to fix the prob.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:43 AM
Staging Lane

Try bleeding the clutch system of ALL air... use a mityvac system if you can
Old 05-25-2006, 05:26 AM
On The Tree

im am going to bleed the clutch on my car soon.. see if that will fix the problem i appr.. all your guys help on filling me in on this problem.. thanks
Old 06-08-2006, 09:07 AM
12 Second Club

Is your car a 98-00? If so then the problem is the slave cylinder. They changed it in 2001 and now if you buy a slave cylinder for any year its the 01-02 part number. replace that and you will be fine

-Scott