Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Aftermarket 19" Fbody and C5 vette Wheel SWAP??

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 12:57 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket 19" Fbody and C5 vette Wheel SWAP??

ok i know vettes and fbodies can swap MOST of their wheels...now what is the biggest problem with vettes?? is it the spacing for the brakes? is it the sensors for tire pressure? i have a nice set of wheels for my '99 Trans Am and was curious to see if i can put 'em on my bro's vette just to see how they look...

will they fit? and will i die if i try to drive his car with wheels meant for "fbodys"

TIA
Old 05-23-2006, 09:00 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by fenix99
ok i know vettes and fbodies can swap MOST of their wheels...now what is the biggest problem with vettes?? is it the spacing for the brakes? is it the sensors for tire pressure? i have a nice set of wheels for my '99 Trans Am and was curious to see if i can put 'em on my bro's vette just to see how they look...

will they fit? and will i die if i try to drive his car with wheels meant for "fbodys"

TIA
Backspacing will be wrong...so the wheels will stick out too far but other then that it should look ok. Yeah obviously the car will get an error with the air pressure sensors disconnected.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:08 PM
Restricted User

oh ok kool for some reason i thought the fitment issue was something else...ok thanks again