Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

breaking up

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 03:47 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default breaking up

hey guys new to the site, i drive a 00 t/a ws6 convertible, i have a T66 turbonetics kit on my t/a tuned by fast chips and methanol injected as well as intercooled, car is great, reliable, but my nozzle to my methanol apparently was clogged, and not sure of how long either, and my car is running a lil harsh now at least up top, higher rpms its breaking up a lil bit and gradually gettin worse, think its plugs? and maybe o2, i havent thrown a check engine light, and i have ls1edit and efi live i just have to reinstall on my roomates pc, and it only does it under a load, in neutral the car is fine when i rev, any ideas or troubleshooting tips? oh and im runnin 7lbs or boost.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:28 PM
TECH Addict

You should pull the plugs first, I ran a little lean one pass last year and screwed the plugs up pretty bad, replaced them and all was fine again.

If you ran too lean you might have done more damage than you realize.
Old 05-23-2006, 05:00 PM
On The Tree

sounds like the fuel isnt getting there or isnt getting fired. start with the basics. like the post above says, check the plugs. then i would make sure the boost isnt going haywire at WOT
Old 05-23-2006, 06:03 PM
12 Second Club

Default thx

yea i figured i should start with the plugs, they were fouled pretty bad, it wasnt like detonation, just breaking up just a hard miss, and like i said in neutral having no load on it its fine, only under acceleration, thanks guys appreciate the tips.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm having the same problem right now. Too much Methanol will do the same thing.