LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Bump diagnosis??

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 10:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bump diagnosis??

Hey just had some pacesetter Lt's ORy cutout and hooker catback put in on my 93 lt1 and im wondering what this bump/hitch/rumble vibration is? when i drive slow and barely put the peddle down i dont feel it at all but when i step on it or press somewhat i get this like bumping under the car its a strong vibration?? btw its not the U-joint i dont think since i had that problem before i felt it on the drive stick any help on this ?
Old 05-25-2006, 06:22 AM
Teching In

Check your transmission mount...
Old 05-25-2006, 07:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Most likely the y-pipe is hitting the floor brace on the driver's side. The motor twists in the mount and allows the header and y-pipe to rotate up and hit the floor. I put in new poly mounts when I did the headers but I still get contact on serious acceleration.
Old 05-25-2006, 08:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

How much are poly mounts and is it something i can do or take to a place..... and for the transmission mounts how would i know its that its only on hard accell wouldnt it be all the time if it was lose or something?
Old 05-25-2006, 10:49 AM
Staging Lane

You can see the tranny mount at the tail of the tranny... it sits between the tail of the tranny and a cross piece... if you look at it and its ripped, thats your problem... but kinda sounds like the exhaust hitting the floorboard... if thats what it is, you can do what i had done and have a shop weld a valve spring to your exhaust where it hits the floorboard, and that will solve your problem..

Quick Reply: Bump diagnosis??