LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

question about installing tach

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 11:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about installing tach

getting ready to intsall a 5in. autogauge tach in my 97 z i want to mount it on the left side dash any suggestions on mounting, and runnung my wires and hooking them up. i installed many of tachs but never on an lt1 maybe someone has a better way, thanks!
Old 05-26-2006, 12:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish I had a better pic.... But... Mine is instaled on the pillar. I cut a small hole in the trim so the mount would fit. I put some trim around the hole(rectangle hole) and I routed the wires behind the pillar and poked a hole in the firewall to run the green tach lead. all the rest of the wires were hooked into the lights and the fuze pannel on the left side. IMO this is the cleanest and doesnt require drilling into your dash pad.
*Edit* you cant really see the detail but thats the only pic I have till I get home in 2 weeks
Old 05-26-2006, 04:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it looks clean do you have a shift light? what size tach is it? also i want to install 2 piller gauges would there be enough room with the tach there?
Old 05-26-2006, 05:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont have a shift light but will soon That 5" pro comp memory tach will be for sell soon!!! Im gonna go with the 5" ultralight w/shift light next. Im gonna try to make my own piller pod with Fiber glass, I dont think they make anything that woiuld fit there otherwise

Quick Reply: question about installing tach