Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Commerce Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 05:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Commerce Question

Does anyone know how strict Commerce is on their age limit? The lady in the business office said that it is 18 an older only, but younger can race with a notarized letter from your parents. But that doesn't help when your parents can't know you're racing haha. I just planned on racing in the T&T at the Super Chevy Show Saturday, and that isn't looking too promising right now. So does anyone know if the I.D. you or what?
Old 05-26-2006, 06:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I've never been I.D. before and I've been racing there since I was 16. But that was 10 years ago now so know who knows. If you look young then maybe they will. I would just right the wrong info on the tech card and hope for the best.
Old 05-27-2006, 01:23 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 432 Likes on 307 Posts

I don't know about I.D., but they're pretty strict on the rest of tech. Go to Silver Dollar, as long as you're not stumbling drunk in a 8 second car with no helmet you will probably be ok. Well, maybe they're not quite that slack, but the tech inspection usually consists of the guy walking up, taking your tech card, and saying "have fun".
Old 05-27-2006, 01:41 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

yeah, I don't remember if I had to show ID at commerce but I do remember having to fill out this long paper and this guy read it over really carefully. At silver dollar I just handed them the card and the dude didn't even look at it.
Old 05-28-2006, 11:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

If you look young, they will def ID ya. So David you better get some ******* facial hair!! Hell if you what to race that bad, go the office and get the form and sign your mom or dads name. It aint that hard. You are in high school David, damn have you not ever signed your parents name 4-for?
Old 05-28-2006, 04:54 PM
TECH Addict

Well, my future brother-in-law is riding with me now, so I don't think I'm gonna run
Old 05-28-2006, 11:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Wuss !!
Old 05-29-2006, 10:03 AM
TECH Resident

Yeah, I wanted to race my Mustang when I still had that last time I went to Commerce. I passed tech, and was just about to leave and the guy asked for my driver's license. I didn't really think much of it, and then he erased all the numbers on my car and told me to get a refund at the front gate. He said the only way you can race under-age is to have both of your parents sign saying it is okay that you race. Just tell them your parents are divorced and that your brother-in-law is your dad. Now you're ready to race
Old 05-29-2006, 06:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Flawless02SS
If you look young, they will def ID ya. So David you better get some ******* facial hair!! Hell if you what to race that bad, go the office and get the form and sign your mom or dads name. It aint that hard. You are in high school David, damn have you not ever signed your parents name 4-for?

Quick Reply: Commerce Question