Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leak from Header?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 09:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Leak from Header?

I just got my headers and true dual setup installed!!! I got it back today and i'm hearing a ticking noise coming from the drivers side header in the rear. I know this is a leak, and I figure that one of the bolts back there is probably loose, so i'm taking it back to my guy probably tomorrow to get them all tightened and hopefully it goes away! But my question is, can having a small leak cause harm to the engine if you get on it? I know it'll affect performance, but I just don't want it to harm my engine, cuz I couldn't help but get on it a bunch today after picking it up!!!!!! It's sounds so awesome!!!!!!!
Old 01-30-2003, 09:00 AM
Launching!

Default Re: Leak from Header?

did you do the AIR restrictor mod? that'll get rid of your clicking.

john
Old 01-30-2003, 04:37 PM
TECH Junkie

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by 1/4master:
<strong> did you do the AIR restrictor mod? that'll get rid of your clicking.

john </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thank you so much!!!!! I'll try it tonight!
Old 01-30-2003, 11:46 PM
Teching In

i was goin crazy constantly tightening my header bolts and never loosing that sound, guess ill yank the air a lil sooner than planned, thanks for the link