Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

M6 tranny mount

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 03:32 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M6 tranny mount

Will be putting in LS7 clutch, and LS2 flywheel very soon, so the tranny will be out of the car. At this time, I would like to replace the rubber factory trans mount, and also replace the torque arm ( I believe that my mount is broken as the torque arm bangs against the bottom of the floor, and the car pogo-sticks like mad). I wiil probably beef up the shift forks in the tranny also during this time. Ive heard that poly trans mounts can send a bad vibration up thru the car, so Im hesitant to try one, but I dont want to keep replacing the rubber factory piece. Any suggestions on the poly mount? What brand are you guys using if you have one that dosnt vibrate? Whats the part number? Thanks for the feedback!
Old 05-27-2006, 08:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I switched over to a ES mount which I grinded down the preload bumps and didn't use the preload plate. The transmission is much more solid and as far as interior sound goes, I've not noticed anything different. My LS1 is still eerily silent...
Old 05-28-2006, 02:24 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SladeX
I switched over to a ES mount which I grinded down the preload bumps and didn't use the preload plate. The transmission is much more solid and as far as interior sound goes, I've not noticed anything different. My LS1 is still eerily silent...
Thanks for the info! ES stands for Energy Suspension, I assume?