Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flange Gasket?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2003, 03:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Flange Gasket?

I just got my Jet-Hot LT's and True Dual setup installed on my car a few days ago. I didn't want the exhaust shop to weld my header to my x-pipe, cuz I wanted the headers to be easily removed, so when I get my heads and cam done, they don't have to be cut and rewelded. So they said the best thing they could do was to weld a flange on to the headers and the x-pipe, so it could just be unbolted. Well, the headers only came with two flanges, but I had two from my 3 in cutout, so we used those and the gaskets they put in looked real flimsy like. Well now it's like 2 or 3 days later, and i'm getting a ticking from the drivers side header near the flange. I'm assuming I probably burned out the gasket already, cuz i've been gettin on it a bit, and I would like to know what the best gasket would be to use so that this doesn't happen every two days. If anyone has any info, it would be greatly appreciated, thank you very much!!
Old 03-19-2003, 08:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Flange Gasket?

Hey I know its been a long time since this was originally posted, but did you, or anyone else, find a better gasket?

I bought the Universal Dr Gas Kit to attach to my Hooker LT's and bought a set of flanges for the Random Tech 703000 series cats so I can swap them like FLP allows. The gaskets that come with that kit I can only guess will burn out in a matter of weeks. Also, do you notice any drop in low end torque? I was a little concerned with it since I only have the mods listed below.

Pending installation of 3" duals tomorrow.

Chris Schmidt
2002 Black WS6 Trans Am ASC #5597
SLP Loudmouth, Direct-Flo Air Lid, K&N, Pro 5.0

13.459 @ 107.95 MPH
329.1 hp @ 5300 rpm
342.6 ft-lbs @ 4600 rpm