First Passes

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 10:00 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default First Passes

Made it out to Evadale yesterday to finally get some passes in with the new motor and suspension work..By the time we started running the DA was right at 3000' above and stayed there till nearly 6pm..It sometime went to nearly 3200' just depending on where the clouds rolled in at..Madmans track temp gauge ran from 120 to 139* so that goes to show just how hot it was just all day..

The very first pass I made the car launched hard enough to have the dash that is just above the steering wheel come off into my lap...Its kind of hard to see the shiftlight and drive the car with all this stuff coming loose but it did run a 10.67 @ 122 banging off the limiter on the 1-2 , 2-3 and running out of gear at the 1000' mark..

I left the 4.86's in the car since this was the first time out and we were just getting the car down the track..My best pass was a 10.50 @ 126 with a 1.42 60' running out of gear at the 1000' mark..I made about 10 passes with Madman working his *** off on the car and we were just getting the car lined out when I found a issue with one of my rear Bogarts..I don't won't to say whats wrong with it till I can contact them and get the problem fixed..

But I have gears here that I'm going to install pretty quick and once I get the wheel problem fixed I'm sure the car has a low 10 in it with no problem in hot weather and no telling what it will run at sea level..

I can't thank Madman , Paul and Gerald Thomas for driving 3 hours in miserable weather to help get the car lined out..Oh and by the way Mrs. Madman is one bad *** chicken griller and her BBQ chicken well you just would've had to been there...

I'll post some pictures once I get them in ..And another thing what ever Madman and Paul says about my generator don't beleive a word of it..
Old 05-28-2006, 11:40 AM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats Tim on your 1st passes out. You should have her running low 10;s very soon.

Madman is the King when it comes to setting up a race car. I would not be having the season I am without Madmans help.

Mrs. Madman is a very cool Lady.

Coach
Old 05-28-2006, 12:05 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Coach 02 A3 Z/28
Congrats Tim on your 1st passes out. You should have her running low 10;s very soon.

Madman is the King when it comes to setting up a race car. I would not be having the season I am without Madmans help.

Mrs. Madman is a very cool Lady.

Coach
Thanks Coach !! Madman not only stayed busy with me but with other customers as well.Tom the Roofer called a couple of times and he was able to still drink god knows how many Miller Lites plus the beers I brought him.. But like you said he's the man when it comes to car setups plus he don't make you feel like a *** when you screw something up...
Old 05-28-2006, 12:46 PM
TECH Regular

Tim,

Congrats on the shakedown runs. It will only get better. Sorry I couldn't be out there, family issues kind of have me grounded right now. I look forward to seeing the car with the right gear in it and a little better weather.
Old 05-28-2006, 02:13 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The cars is coming along fine. If we could just get driver who could shift in the air we would be killer.

You did good Tim, we will work out the new car blues quickly. You should have stayed a little longer. Coleman was airing out the black car quite nicely.

225-343-9029
Old 05-28-2006, 02:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Congrats Tim on some great runs. Man if we just had a little less gear in that thing she would have shown some much better numbers. We knew we had too much to start with but now you have a better idea of what it needs.

Man the weather did suck!!! I don't remember a hotter day at the track EVER.

Old 05-28-2006, 02:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by So Slow
I can't thank Madman , Paul and Gerald Thomas for driving 3 hours in miserable weather to help get the car lined out.
Man I've heard that Gerald drives slow but it really didn't take him 3 hours to get there from Orange huh?

Paul
Old 05-28-2006, 03:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by So Slow
And another thing what ever Madman and Paul says about my generator don't beleive a word of it..

Tim comes so prepared for the track, he thinks of everything. Well except starting the generator before leaving the house, oh and only bring Madman a 6-pack of beer for the whole day. No racing could be done until the fans were working so here is Tim hard at work rebuilding his generator at the track.

Paul
Old 05-29-2006, 04:05 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Geoff
Tim,

Congrats on the shakedown runs. It will only get better. Sorry I couldn't be out there, family issues kind of have me grounded right now. I look forward to seeing the car with the right gear in it and a little better weather.
Hey no problem Geoff..The next time out we'll have the right gear in it and I know it'll make it past the 1000' mark without banging all over the limiter..Thanks for the killer tune because the motor ran and performed beyond my expectations for the first time out...
Old 05-30-2006, 11:04 PM
I can shift faster than you.

Nice job Tim!

Jason
Old 05-30-2006, 11:30 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jason99T/A
Nice job Tim!

Jason
Hey Jason I really appreciate the strong Motor..There is alot more in it and the next time I run we'll bring the car to NPR..I'll call you before we plan it so you'll know we are coming..
Old 05-31-2006, 08:42 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,103 Likes on 723 Posts

Sounds pretty awesome to go 10.5 first time out!