Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

question

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 09:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question

I have a 3200 stall, 3.23s gears, and headers and the basic bolt ons. I have some cheapo tires from the brand "doral" with some decent tread on them. I can't hook up at all when i race it. My best 60 foot was like a 2.1. The wheels on my car are stock chrome 5-spokes, im pretty sure they are 9 inches wide but i could be wrong. Would you guys recommend buyin some 11 inch wide wheels in with drag radials in the back, or would it be just as good to throw on some drag radials onto the stock wheels. If the 11s would help a lot then i would be willing to purchase some, but if it is not that big of a deal i would rather not spend the money on them. Thanx.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

on the stock converter and the stock 16 inch rims, i ran nitto 555r drag radials with a best of a 1.9 60 foot off idle with no spinning. When they have tread on them, they're good on the street and on the track. After they wear down, they are a little questionable on the street, but i never tried them at the track when worn down. I wouldnt try 11 inch drag radials on a bolt on only car. I think the extra weight wouldnt be worth the extra traction as i had good results with the nittos on my 16x8 rims. IMO, go with drag radials on your current rims and make sure you heat them up really good.