Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

COnverting LS1 wiring to LS2 PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 10:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question COnverting LS1 wiring to LS2 PLEASE HELP

I just recentally got an LS2 for my 99 Trans am , now theres quite a few things that are different from the LS1 on the Block , the Oil pump sensor is different , the injector plug in's are different, i noticed that i would have to extend my wiring to the front for the Crank sensor to be relocated the knock sensors on the LS2 are located on the side of the block instead of under the intake manifold, and i noticed that the throttle bodys are different on the LS2 its wired not cable driven. I see also on the LS2 that the Oil pan is a little longer from front to back of the engine , now that would not sit down on the crossmember right , now Anyone have any answers for these Questions or know any websites that i can convert LS1 Wiring to LS2 Please let me know ... Thanks you much... But my last question is if i do hook an LS2 wiring harness up to my computer its probally not gunna work the way it should , WOuld the Car even start up after i installed the harness and pluged everything in and hooked it up ? IF you can PLEASE help me out or if you have anyweb sites that give any good information for this let me know ... thanks ...
Old 05-29-2006, 10:23 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations on the LS2. Unfortuneatly, there is no quick answer to your question. Unless you want to pay me to research this. I will say that you should start with gathering up the Helms manuals for your current car and for a vehicle with a LS2. Now maybe the cheap crowd will chime in and tell you you can go to this website or that site but, are you really sure you want to put a considerable investment on the line with the internet being your reference? Boltons, heads, cams, ok the net is fine but wiring? In the other cases yes it is straight forward and you can in fact see what the hell is being put out and verify it yourself with your car. In this case of rewiring a pcm in this fashion...Next question, do you want to maintain the old pcm/cable driven throttle? Or do you want to do a upgrade? It sounds as if you just discovered the difference and might not have pondered what to do. Either way will not be easy but it sounds as if that was not what you had in mind in the first place by jumping into this project. Bottom line...Easy is for the crowds, Unique is for just a few-welcome aboard. www.helminc.com
Old 05-30-2006, 07:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Racetronix http://www.racetronix.com/ sells wiring adapter harnesses for the LS2. The LS2 throttle body will not work. You need an aftermarket 90mm cable driven unit like a FAST or NW unit. It will bolt on the LS2 manifold. I beleive you can use your LS1 injectors with the correct O-rings. I'm not sure about the oil pan fitment, but I think you can also use your stock LS1 pan as well.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:09 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Doc
Congratulations on the LS2. Unfortuneatly, there is no quick answer to your question. Unless you want to pay me to research this. I will say that you should start with gathering up the Helms manuals for your current car and for a vehicle with a LS2. Now maybe the cheap crowd will chime in and tell you you can go to this website or that site but, are you really sure you want to put a considerable investment on the line with the internet being your reference? Boltons, heads, cams, ok the net is fine but wiring? In the other cases yes it is straight forward and you can in fact see what the hell is being put out and verify it yourself with your car. In this case of rewiring a pcm in this fashion...Next question, do you want to maintain the old pcm/cable driven throttle? Or do you want to do a upgrade? It sounds as if you just discovered the difference and might not have pondered what to do. Either way will not be easy but it sounds as if that was not what you had in mind in the first place by jumping into this project. Bottom line...Easy is for the crowds, Unique is for just a few-welcome aboard. www.helminc.com

There are easy answers
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iv-internal-engine/515940-converting-ls1-wiring-ls2-please-help.html