Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning Issue or What?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 06:33 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning Issue or What?

Ok, don't know if this is exactly tuning or my transmission, or what exactly. Before i put the stall in and since i bought the car in april 05 it has went into this "mode" i call it where it shifts really hard, it only does this after a 3/4 to full throttle instance. It also doesnt do it every time. To help explain it, if i shifted anywhere above 2500 rpm, its an A4, out of first gear, it would bark the tires. Then i got a stall and it doesnt shift as hard anymore, or do it as much, however, I do not have shift points now, whenever it shifted perfectly and never hittin rev limiter before the stall. It started this the day after the stall was put in on first full throttle which leads me towards a tuning issue. One last thing, whenever i dynoed it without the stall we had to take it up to 4200 rpm before it wouldnt downshift on the dyno. Now that i have a cam kit in now, i would like some help whether on deciding to rebuild/buy my 4l60e or try tuning it first and setting shift points. Which way would you go, or what should i check to make sure it isnt a line or anything else just causing this. I will take any opinion or comment or just random ideas at what it might be. Thanks

Last edited by 1WICKDZ; 06-01-2006 at 06:41 PM.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:32 PM
12 Second Club

Well... I would suggest installing shift kit, deep trans pan + super cooler. Tune it .. see what happens. I mean if Your trans is stock..and all YOu installed was Stall ... You wont feel the shift as much because Your trans is still shifting as it did before and your stall slips more than stock one.You need your trans to shift harder. Man when I isntalled my 4400 stall I didnt know if my trans is one gear or what.. couldnt tell when it shifts. AFter rebuiling whole trans inside out.. thing shifts like crazy!
Old 06-01-2006, 07:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had to tune mine after my TCI 3500 staff. It needs more line pressure so it shifts harder. Do you have tuning software?

Bill

Old 06-01-2006, 08:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your results are pretty typical for a non-shift kit,stock programming auto with a aftermarket stall.

With the stock stall your car shifts are felt no problem,but with a slipping stall you can barely feel them or even not at all.

A shift kit and removing or reducing torque managment will help a TON with that.

Also your aftermarket stall is lighter weight than the stock unit and the rpm's climb faster,you need to reprogram your shift points and rpm's to adjust for the convertor.

Get those things done and you will be smiling all the way down the road,i promise.

I love my 4000 stall,but not on stock tuning,i at least have the Diablo Predator hand held unit that can help adjusts things like that.

Good luck.

Dave
Old 06-02-2006, 08:29 AM
Launching!

thanks guys you have been great so far
Old 06-02-2006, 10:08 AM
12 Second Club

No problem man ! Good luck
Old 06-03-2006, 05:00 PM
Launching!

okay so any ideas now on the whole shifting issue BEFORE the cam and stall were put in???