Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Sumitomo

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 08:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sumitomo

Just out of curiousity why are sumitomo 315/17s $107 compared to the Kuhmo the same size is $200 and kuhmos pretty much suck. Are the sumitomos just complete pieces of garbage or what?? Who is running them? Hows the handling, grip, life?
Old 06-01-2006, 08:29 PM
MJK
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm running them and they are OK...But they are pretty much new and came with the wheel package..

I just read another post where someone mentioned them being terrible once they start to age..

All I can tell ya with less than 1000 miles on mine...sorry man.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Because the Kuhmo tire you're looking at is pretty much a dot autocross tire, more of a competition tire/tread compound... I think the tread depth is like 6/32 on those & a tread wear rating of 50, not good for longevity... Where as the Sumitomo is a hard *** street tire with 9/32 of thread... To help answer your Q, yes they are cheap, but imo they are a great bang for your buck tire... I've got alittle over 5k on mine with no signs of wear... They're not to awful bad in the traction dept, but they're not great by anymeans, they simply get the job done for daily driving at a good price.

Mike