General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Couple of Questions.. Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 06:54 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Couple of Questions.. Help

I am having this P0300 code from a couple of months and did & checked everything, the last thing I am in to now is my intake manifold. Since I replace my old ls1 to ls6 and i am loosing a lot of power besides weird sounds, I wana pull the intake very soon and go back to the ls1.

My question is , how would i know that the intake manifold is working well?( how can I check for the back sensor? and how would u remove the fuel flamable lines going to the manifold? , and finally will the ls6 coolant lines & plugs fit under the ls1 intake?
Old 06-04-2006, 07:46 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by prostock_bigblock
My question is , how would i know that the intake manifold is working well?( how can I check for the back sensor? and how would u remove the fuel flamable lines going to the manifold? , and finally will the ls6 coolant lines & plugs fit under the ls1 intake?
Did you do the ls6 manifold swap yourself? Make sure you torqued it down correctly so that you're not getting unmeasured air in.

To check the back sensor(MAP) you can try to reach back there and make sure everything is connected...data logging will also tell you if it's working properly. Did you put a new map in when you did the swap?

You don't have to remove any fuel lines...just pull on the fuel rails until the injectors pop out of the manifold.

The coolant tubes for the ls6 manifold don't go under the manifold...so yes they will work with the ls1 manifold. If I was you i'd try to fix the problem rather then just swap back to the old intake...for all you know the prob will still be there....plus the ls6 manifold is far superior.
Old 06-04-2006, 10:46 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Did you do the ls6 manifold swap yourself? Make sure you torqued it down correctly so that you're not getting unmeasured air in.

To check the back sensor(MAP) you can try to reach back there and make sure everything is connected...data logging will also tell you if it's working properly. Did you put a new map in when you did the swap?

You don't have to remove any fuel lines...just pull on the fuel rails until the injectors pop out of the manifold.

The coolant tubes for the ls6 manifold don't go under the manifold...so yes they will work with the ls1 manifold. If I was you i'd try to fix the problem rather then just swap back to the old intake...for all you know the prob will still be there....plus the ls6 manifold is far superior.

I just came from the car , and i pulled the intake . The Map poped in my hand very fast . ( I havent changed the map last time). and ya i did the swap the first time but cant remmeber what i did exactly at the fuel line part and I do have a torque wrench in inches to het the right specs.

I did a scan with hp tuners and get a p0200 and p0300 + the air , egr codes. but couldn`t track the problem , I am just going with the ls1 since I well do my 4..ci after 2 months and I hate sellin motor with a problem.

any thoughts?

Thanks.