LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

STI race for {$20} what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 08:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default STI race for {$20} what do you think?

Hear is the deal!! A guy at work has a 04 STI the guy claims it has a CAI,Catback but it at looks stock. He had a 350Z with full exhaust and all the boltons possible, which should have been a low 13 sec car but the fastest he got it was 15.8/92. He told me many times he wanted a peice of my Z. I setup 3 street races and everytime no show. I setup a track race and waited 3 hours made 6 runs and he showed up an hour after I left. Then told everyone I didn't show up. But I had the slips to prove I was there. Anyway he T-BONED a car and totaled the 350Z. He bought this STI and I asked him when we where going to hook it up. He said let me get some mods first. So friday I am walking from my car when one of my PDI guys stops me and asked me when I was going to race the STI. I said when he gets some mods! His reply was that car will smoke your car as is. So I said put your money wear your mouth is. He said, I have 20 that says he will blow you alway from a stop. My reply was when and where! He said he would set it up. I informed him that if the races goes from a stop I get to use everything my car has and he was like??????? I explained if the run is for money then I go all out {N20}. He was like "that's not fair!!!!!". I replyed don't pull that 4cyl {300/300} vs v8{275/325} BS. The sti makes more power stock then my v8 did 12 years ago and 25ft less. The STI curbs at 3000 pounds and is all wheel drive. He said motor to motor you will lose. I told him if I go motor {3540} to turbo4cyl{3185} then it will be from a 40 punch. F*CK that thats not racing he replyed. Fine from a stop I will be on DOPE!! not fair not fair...... So what do you think!!!! Is it fair? From a stop I'M on gas or from a roll I'm on the motor? My car now has LT'S,ORY and has dropped 120 pounds race weight from the 13.73/103. But it is still a M6 on street tires. I love how 4cyl owner always claim unfair when they race a v8 car. RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG AND HOPE YOU BRUNG ENOUGH!!!

Last edited by Clean94Z; 06-04-2006 at 08:09 PM.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:12 PM
9 Second Club

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

in before the lock....

ok honestly he is a *****. First.. run what ya brung... and second... he has a turbo, so what is wrong with you using nitrous on your 12 year old car vs his brand new car...
Old 06-04-2006, 08:42 PM
On The Tree

ok because your on street tires and an M6, if you dump that clutch he's gonna pull on you like a raped ape, from a dig, if he knows how to drive it, even with the juice cuz hes 4WD and your RWD. now if you can feather the clutch and get a good launch and use the juice, youd prolly hang right there with him if not win, so its somewhat of a drivers race cuz hes running a turbo 4WD and your running RWD with the spray, i say go for it and get a good launch, run whatcha brung and hope you brung enough is the best policy for a race like that, your bringin the juice so USE IT.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:42 PM
Staging Lane

From the times he pulled in that Z it sounds like he can't drive for crap. He ran more than a sec. slower than a stock Z runs. My buddy at work has an STi with exhaust intake, Tune, and 20psi.....he went to the track this last wed and pulled a 13.6 1/4 in it. The Cobalt SS had next to him had a better 60ft. I think from a dig you'll own him cause those cars are hard to launch even if you do rev it to 6K and dump the clutch. Just do it cause I think you should have it, it will be close probably.....
Old 06-04-2006, 09:50 PM
Banned

run em' if he shows up. I raped a 04 STI in my LT1 when I had my headers and y-pipe in the back seat lol.
Old 06-04-2006, 10:47 PM
On The Tree

You'll get owned either way. Your fastest time is slower than a STOCK sti runs. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but out of the hole it will be even worse for you unless for some strange reason he can't launch it.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:15 PM
12 Second Club

BTW a stock LT1 of any year is making right about 305 fwhp.. the 275 number is underrated.

You'll take him from a roll (I've never lost to an evo or sti from a roll) but from a dig you'll probably loose.

Quick Reply: STI race for {$20} what do you think?